December 24th, 2008
Have a Flickr account? We’ve just added the ability to cross-post your photos to Flickr, with optional geotagging.
To set up Flickr cross-posting:
- On Brightkite visit your Account Settings, click on the Sharing tab.
- Scroll down and authorize Flickr.
- Choose your Flickr cross-posting options and click save. To enable geotagging on your Flickr map check “Tag photos with location”.
Brightkite photos cross-posted to Flickr will have the place name as the photo title and the caption as the photo description. Geotagged photos will appear on your Flickr map.
Posted by Brady Becker at 10:35 AM in Apps, Visualizations
related posts START related posts END
Leave a comment
December 24th, 2008 at 05:51 | #1
Reply | Quote
This is a great feature and one I've been waiting for. I'm just wondering if it would be possible to set things up so either from the Account Settings > Sharing page or from the photo email itself we could use tags to attach to the photo, just like the current Flickr email setup allows us to do.
Like many people I use tags to sort photos, so their feeds can be picked up for other purposes, like blogs or google maps.
Have a wonderful holiday and a productive new year.
Brightkite is my favourite new web toy!
- Martin May December 24th, 2008 at 08:19 | #2 Reply | Quote To clarify, do you mean just static tags that will be the same for every post from Brightkite, or do you want changing tags for each photo? The former would probably be easy to do, while the latter isn't.
- John Dennett December 24th, 2008 at 06:26 | #3 Reply | Quote Agree with Brett's suggestion above — for me the missing piece is the ability to auto-tag the photos incoming to Flickr with "brightkite". I believe you guys can accomplish that on your end of the integration with an end-user option to include a pre-defined Flickr tag.
- weipah December 24th, 2008 at 06:48 | #4 Reply | Quote That makes an awesome christmas present. Thanks a lot! The idea with geotagging is just the biggest hit!
December 24th, 2008 at 07:41 | #5
Reply | Quote
doesn't seem to be working for me.
- Martin May December 24th, 2008 at 08:17 | #6 Reply | Quote Are you in private mode, with your posts hidden to non-friends? Currently, we treat flickr as "everyone else".
- Zach24LA December 24th, 2008 at 09:39 | #7 Reply | Quote BEST xmas present ever!!! Thanks for working so hard. It is very much appreciated.
- Brady Becker December 26th, 2008 at 05:34 | #8 Reply | Quote Join the Brightkite Flickr Group here: http://flickr.com/groups/bkite/
- nathan December 31st, 2008 at 12:50 | #9 Reply | Quote I realize I'm late to the party here, but I'd like to add one more vote in favor of allowing us to add a static tag to all Brightkite-to-Flickr cross-posts. In lieu of sending each Brightkite photo to a specific set, I'd rather tag each one with "via:brightkite" or something.
January 24th, 2009 at 19:50 | #10
Reply | Quote
Could you guys tweak the behavior so the title of the Flickr photo uses any text we include when posting the photo? Right now photos are posting to my Flickr account and my check-in location becomes their title. Seems kinda weird.
- brandon February 9th, 2009 at 01:21 | #11 Reply | Quote yeah i agree with this.. it's weird to have the address be the title
- sikis August 18th, 2009 at 01:53 | #12 Reply | Quote I tested nice work :O
comments END trackbacks START
E-Mail (will not be published) (required)
comment submit and rss
Subscribe to comments feed