September 25th, 2009
Wanted to let you know some big changes are in the works at Brightkite. We’ve been fast at work on some big upgrades and are preparing to flip the switch on something brand new. The forthcoming 2.0 release includes a plethora of new and improved features (many based on feedback from you!). Stay tuned, be forewarned, changes are a comin…
- The Brightkite Team
Posted by Brady Becker at 4:11 PM in Product
related posts START related posts END
Leave a comment
September 26th, 2009 at 00:08 | #1
Reply | Quote
umm…. like … this weekend …
… or sometime in the next month?
- Brady Becker September 26th, 2009 at 00:17 | #2 Reply | Quote Hide and watch :) Things will happen soon.
- Alexander September 26th, 2009 at 00:14 | #3 Reply | Quote Sounds awesome , can't wait :)
- sallymander September 26th, 2009 at 00:35 | #4 Reply | Quote Looking forward to seeing what you've cooked up for us!
- Andrew Woodvine September 26th, 2009 at 06:01 | #5 Reply | Quote I always get nervous when a service that works really well announces changes! I just hope that Brightkite gets even better than it is already!
- matthew September 26th, 2009 at 07:30 | #6 Reply | Quote Don’t taunt us like this; open the floodgates!
- jeffisageek September 26th, 2009 at 16:27 | #7 Reply | Quote oh cant wait! is there a date set for this change?
- Mary Hunt September 28th, 2009 at 03:04 | #8 Reply | Quote I can't wait! BK is my favorite app for my iPhone!!
- 1god September 28th, 2009 at 03:10 | #9 Reply | Quote I hope whatever it is you unveil, that it will put an end to this foursquare nonsense once and for all. You guys have been letting them steal your thunder lately. :)
- alberto September 30th, 2009 at 23:57 | #10 Reply | Quote is my iphone app being updated simultaneously to bring these changes to it as well???
- Robb SIlverberg October 1st, 2009 at 00:09 | #11 Reply | Quote looks like it's happening now ….
- thetypolice October 1st, 2009 at 00:26 | #12 Reply | Quote is it there yet? not yet? how about now?
- Nauzet October 1st, 2009 at 00:38 | #13 Reply | Quote i can't wait…. xD
- simpyRik October 1st, 2009 at 00:44 | #14 Reply | Quote This is crazy….. I REALLY hope it doesn't back-fire…..
- Fonz October 1st, 2009 at 00:57 | #15 Reply | Quote *waits*
- ciaoenrico October 1st, 2009 at 01:16 | #16 Reply | Quote Oh hell yes! I am salivating! Could this mean video posting!?! (wish wish, hope hope!)
- empire1guy October 1st, 2009 at 02:06 | #17 Reply | Quote This is way too frustrating
October 1st, 2009 at 03:29 | #18
Reply | Quote
WOOT! Bring It!!!! BTW I noticed iPhone app is dead- will it work on the new site?
- Brady Becker October 1st, 2009 at 03:41 | #19 Reply | Quote The iPhone will come back alive when the site comes back up :)
- Sefauna October 1st, 2009 at 03:47 | #20 Reply | Quote What's the ETA?
- Tan007 October 1st, 2009 at 04:03 | #21 Reply | Quote How long before the limbo game site will be up & running again? These dusty interruptions are beginning to be rather annoying.
- G4daddy October 1st, 2009 at 05:15 | #22 Reply | Quote oh please oh please oh please oh please hurry! This waiting's killin'me!
- anne October 1st, 2009 at 05:43 | #23 Reply | Quote soon, I hope — why did you do this during mercury retrograde? It's been down for A LONG TIME
- Chuck Franks October 1st, 2009 at 05:55 | #24 Reply | Quote Just in time for our meeting tomorrow I hope. Excited to see what is new.
- Dave October 1st, 2009 at 01:20 | #25 Reply | Quote Guys could you not have told us you were planning to take the site down? You never give us notice for anything like this, why the secrecy? It’s not very responsible. Lucky non of us are running a business from your service.
- Yutaka October 1st, 2009 at 09:05 | #26 Reply | Quote Waiting, waiting and waiting. It's hard time for me without the Brightkite.
- Jax October 1st, 2009 at 09:27 | #27 Reply | Quote wondering how long this is going to take – quite surprised that an international service has been taken down in order to roll out a new version.
- michaeldjohnson October 1st, 2009 at 09:43 | #28 Reply | Quote When when when… too excited!!!!
- David Sasaki October 1st, 2009 at 10:45 | #29 Reply | Quote This is where we're supposed to come for more information? Hmm. Hopefully future upgrades will be a bit smoother. Looking forward to seeing the changes.
- Brandice October 1st, 2009 at 11:12 | #30 Reply | Quote It would be good to have advanced notice of the site/service being down and then an ETA for it coming back up. This is one thing you guys don't do very well (the release of the Brightkite app for the iPhone is a good example). We have no idea how long the site will be down or if the iPhone app will have an update releasing with the new site update, etc. That said, I'm very much looking forward to whatever changes are afoot. :)
- anne October 1st, 2009 at 12:21 | #31 Reply | Quote I agree with Brandice. I was all excited about using BK during my X-country road trip (which will start in a few hours) and now it's not working. Sheesh. Can't send my email blast with the mention until it works.
- grayle October 1st, 2009 at 12:22 | #32 Reply | Quote i wonder why @Brightkite is almost always coincidentally down when i am about to do some serious traveling.
- Rob Foxx October 1st, 2009 at 12:37 | #33 Reply | Quote Really looking forward to it – seems like the Brightkite engineers have pulled an all night shift. Hope it all goes to plan. Can't believe people are whining about a free service that's marked as "beta", though.
- Niklas Pivic October 1st, 2009 at 12:48 | #34 Reply | Quote I'm eagerly awaiting the heavy stuff! Nokia's Ovi Maps is also hinting something big, but I doubt their biz will topple the magnitude of Brightkite/limbo. I'm hoping for an S60 app and some really fine widgets, plus things I cannot fathom. Of course. :-)
- thatlarkin October 1st, 2009 at 05:51 | #35 Reply | Quote Could be days, could be weeks, could be months. That’s way too vague to keep me interested. Great product, good luck. Hopefully I’ll catch wind somehow of your return.
- Dave October 1st, 2009 at 14:35 | #36 Reply | Quote Well that worked well then?
- djsteen October 1st, 2009 at 15:06 | #37 Reply | Quote Gosh, what a tease! ;) When will you guys try again to launch the new features?
comments END trackbacks START
E-Mail (will not be published) (required)
comment submit and rss
Subscribe to comments feed