October 1st, 2009
We told you there was a new Brightkite coming and we have completed the first phase. To give you a glimpse of what to expect, some of the coming improvements include enhancements to Placesnapping©; the ability for Brightkite to find the place where you are and specifically to do so, more quickly and more easily. These improvements required a significant hardware and database upgrade which we accomplished last night, hence the service interruption.
This gives us the foundation to release the cool new user-facing features, which we hope you will find as exciting as we do. We intend to make the shiny new Brightkite available next week.
The Brightkite team.
Posted by lanky at 8:41 AM in Product
related posts START related posts END
Leave a comment
- jeffisageek October 1st, 2009 at 16:38 | #1 Reply | Quote very kool! looking forward to the new stuff
October 1st, 2009 at 20:04 | #2
Reply | Quote
I know Brightkite is free and all that, but what's with taking hours of unscheduled downtime in the evening in the middle of the week for making elective changes? I assumed your system crashed with some problem that took hours to fix as that would be the only excuse for such downtime.
- weipah October 1st, 2009 at 20:58 | #3 Reply | Quote You probably missed the Beta sign in the Brightkite logo. As for the "in the evening of [...]" part, you seem to forget that Bkite is a global platform, which means we have many users in different timezones. Generally speaking I think people should be more thankful for the innovative platform Bkite does provide for no costs. They come up with great fresh ideas and also implement ideas from the userbase.
- SurfingTrucker October 1st, 2009 at 20:10 | #4 Reply | Quote They announced the downtime, as well as the reason, ahead of time – it wasn't a surprise here.
- Ammadz October 2nd, 2009 at 03:48 | #5 Reply | Quote This is great news!! Can't wait.. :)
- Mika Hiltunen October 2nd, 2009 at 05:53 | #6 Reply | Quote I'm looking forward to seeing the new changes. At the moment Brightkite is pretty much useless for Finnish users, because Google is not interested to fix the bug with addresses in Finland. For some weird reason all Finnish street names are translated to Swedish so most of us don't even understand the provided location information (related forum thread in http://is.gd/3Rzgt). Sadly, I guess the updates in Brightkite will not bypass the Google Maps bug. Hopefully I'm wrong because Brightkite is something I would like to use :)
- titou October 3rd, 2009 at 18:03 | #7 Reply | Quote I'm very impatient for the new experience soon !
- inkeater October 6th, 2009 at 00:30 | #8 Reply | Quote Sounds great.
- I can't wait! :-D
- Yoh October 6th, 2009 at 11:42 | #9 Reply | Quote Temporarily, unless it tries being accustomed, it cannot judge just
comments END trackbacks START
E-Mail (will not be published) (required)
comment submit and rss
Subscribe to comments feed