YasodharaBaudhaMadhyamikVidhyalaya was established by Ms. ShredayaGuruma in 2013 B.S. with the motto…..It aims to produce good citizens and talented manpower for the country. It is only school in Nepal that has a subject based on life story of Lord Buddha. This school has provided education to those students from more than 50 districts of Nepal. In 2018, with the help of locals, this school was officially registered in the books of government.
This school brought the S.L.C programme in 2057 B.S. for the students. The students who passed out from this school are contributing to the society as well as to the country. Here, teachers are also qualified, experienced and hardworking. This school aims to produce useful and civilized manpower that can compete in this competitive 21st century. Time and again, the authorities of this school organize programmes such as- hiking, camping, educational visits and competitions to arouse the feeling of self-confidence, personality development and helping others among students.
Specialties of YasodharaBaudhaMadhyamikVidhyalaya:
• Qualified, experienced and hardworking teachers for the personality development, civilization and overall development of students.
• Good grading systems and educational environment are provided to students.
• Scholarship and prize distribution programmes are conducted to motivate and encourage students to work hard.
• Frequent parent-teacher meetings and interaction programmes are conducted in the school.
• Interaction programmes with foreign teachers and the successful personalities are done annually.
• Water classroom is made for the students who show special interest in learning about water and its related issues.
• Science laboratory, computer laboratory field visit, library is available to students to make learning easier.
• Educational field visits, camping, hiking and sports days are organized by the school.
• Nature club and Junior Red-cross circle is available for increasing students’ knowledge about the importance of environment and personality development.
Type of project/service, duration of the project
We took classes in a Government School(YasodharaBaudhaMadhyamikVidhyalaya). We mainly taught in the primary sections in school from nursery to class V. We started our teaching from 16th February to 19th February. Every day we took 5 hours classes. Along with academic portion we also conducted different co-curriculum activities. Here we held different activities like talent show, paper work, essay writing competition,games like stand up sit, which helped us in knowing their concentration power.
Things we learned and its usefulness
1.1 Ayesha Shakya
Social service turned out to be the most inspirational and motivational project that was ever assigned. The social service was very useful for both the children and me. As a student with no experience of social work, I learned the importance of education, English, hygiene and so on. But the most basic and...