African Americans and the Struggle
For Independence, 1763- 1783
The Rising Expectation of the African Americans and the struggle for Independence was a great thing for blacks they started rise up over slavery, they made a big impact in the wars, and they got the Declaration of Independence from Thomas Jefferson.
I. The Crisis of the British Empire
1) The Great struggle.
2) The two empires Great Britain and France.
3) The independence movement and the rising of hope for black’s freedom.
4) In 1689, the British and French fought in many wars.
C) North America
E) Caribbean Sea
5) The great conflict escaladed during the French and Indian War.
A) It started in North America in 1754.
B) It spread in 1755 to Europe.
C) In 1755 the French and their Indian allies defeated Virginian and British troops.
D) Not until 1758 did the Britain undertake a vigorous and expensive military effort.
E) In 1763 Britain had forced France to withdraw from North America.
F) Spain received New Orleans and the huge French province of Louisiana in central North America.
6) France and Spain, the eastern woodlands Indians could no longer resist white encroachment.
A) Florida swamps still remained a refuge for escaping slavery.
B) The bonds weakened between the thirteen colonies.
7) The British officials made Americans pay taxes.
A) For the costs empire.
8) England was entirely reasonable that the government should start taxes.
A) Trading goods with whom they pleased.
B) Paying taxes to only locals.
9) In the 17 60 Parliament repeatedly passed laws that Americans didn’t like.
A) The Proclamation Line of 1763.
B) The Sugar Act of 1764.
C) The Stamp Act of 1765.
10) In New York City in October 1765 the Stamp Act took steps toward united resistance.
A) The import of British goods.
B) In 1766 Parliament repeal the Stamp Act.
C) In 1767 it forced the New York Assembly to provide quarters.
D) British troops enacted the Townshend Act.
E) They taxed such things as glass, lead, paint, paper, and tea.
11) In 1770 the Boston Massacre.
12) May 1773 when Parliament passed the Tea Act.
A) The act gave the British East India Company a monopoly over all tea sold in American colonies.
13) In December 1773, Boston’s radical Sons of Liberty dumped shiploads of tea in the harbor.
A) In early 1774 Boston sent more troops in the city to punish economically.
14) In September 1774 the Continental Congress met in Philadelphia.
15) By November 1774 the Massachusetts Minutemen made a military
II. The Declaration of Independence and African Americans.
1) The Declaration of Independence that the Continental Congress adopted on July 4, 1776.
A) It was drafted by a slaveholder in a...