1) During my reign, I’ve concentrated most on expanding my territories and I’ve succeeded in that now I have expanded my territories to new heights and to include that of Silesia, in Austria. It was my decision to expand the empire, but I’ve used the strength of my military to achieve this. I believe myself to be a just, wise, and a kind ruler. Therefore, my treatment of conquered people wouldn’t vary from my treatment of my own people; that is they are treated with hospitality and taken care of as they are my family.
2) I am just a ruler who makes decisions and plans on achieving my goals of territorial expansion. But it is the military, the military only which has the power in conquering a nation. Therefore, I could say that the military is my backbone, my strength, and everything. As a result, I give utmost importance to my military. My army consists of 83,000 men, and it is a force of peasants and foreign recruits. Although I didn’t have the use of an efficient military technology, I am known for my usage of the “oblique” order of the battle. I have 6 horses shoot from under me during battle. And I also make sure that I prevent the unification of opposing armies and that I am at the right place at the right time.
3) I would say that there wasn’t much social mobility in my empire. In my opinion, only the noble class has a sense of personal honor and responsibility therefore I consider the nobility the most important class in my society. Personally, I dislike serfdom but I’ve realized that any rapid move against it would disrupt Prussia’s agricultural life and the disintegration of the position of the important nobility. Therefore, I’ve realized it’s easier said than done.
4) I am very religiously tolerant. I abolished judicial torture, which proved my strict belief of an enlightened reform. I am also a strict follower of French culture, although I speak German only when necessary.
5) Much of the tax system is based on the toll paid by the towns and the contribution raised in the countryside, which is further supplemented by the profits of extensive royal domains. Conquer of Silesia also accounted for economic prosperities as it was economically developed than any other area in the Hohenzollern dominions. My economic policies are simple; I want to prevent money leaving the country and to make it come in. Therefore, I’ve tried as much as I can to avoid importing foreign manufactured goods. One of my most successful state programs was the sustained...