From the study and the analysis, the key findings are as follows:
• There exists positive relationship between agreeableness and discipline, conscientiousness and discipline and between openness to experience and discipline. This implies that individuals with agreeableness as their personality type adjust their behavior to suit others. High scorers are typically polite and like people. Low scorers tend to 'tell it like it is'. On the other hand individuals who fall into the category of conscientiousness personality type are honest and hardworking and hence more disciplined.
• There is no relation existing between extroversion and discipline and neuroticism and discipline. This implies that the extroversion personality trait of seeking fulfillment from sources outside the self or in community is less disciplined. Also, the neuroticism personality trait individuals tend to be more emotional which is why they are less disciplined. High scorers tend to be very social while low scorers prefer to work on their projects alone.
• Overall analysis shows that exists a positive relationship between personality and discipline of the individual.
• In terms of grievance handling in the organization, there exists a positive but weak relationship between extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness and openness and grievance handling capability of the individual.
• However, individuals with neuroticism personality type are ineffective in handling grievances in the organization.
• The overall analysis of personality and grievances indicate that there exists a positive relationship between personality and grievance handling in the organization.
The managers who have a strong personality are highly disciplined and at the same time are good in grievance handling. They are very balanced. Personality thus plays a major role in shaping up the discipline of managers and how well they handle grievances.
From the study it can be seen that the highly disciplined individuals are more balanced and are more effective in handling issues like grievances. Whether the individual is highly disciplined or not depends on his personality type. The more control he has on himself a better employee he proves to be. Hence, it is recommended that organizations must concentrate on the personality of the individual since personality plays a major role in handling grievances as well as are more disciplined which is why they can prove to be highly effective and can contribute more towards the organization.
5.3 Limitations of the research: