AP US History
1. Lieutenant-Colonel George Washington sparked the French and Indian war.
2. The French and Indian war led to the Seven Years War.
3. The Seven Years war was fought in North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Caribbean.
4. The British Empire defeated the Spanish and the French during the Seven Yeats War.
5. England passed the stamp act to earn funds for the defense of new expansion of American colonies.
6. The Townshend Act were policies placed on by the British to strengthen their revenue and trade regulations.
7. Patrick Henry was a fierce opponent of taxation without representation.
8. One of Patrick Henrys most famous quotes was “give me liberty or give me death”
9. The presence and tension of British troops in Boston led to the Boston Massacre.
10. The cities of Boston, New York and Philadelphia all led important protests against the British.
11. More than 300 crates of crates of tea were dumped into the Boston Harbor during the Boston Tea Party.
12. In response to the Boston Tea Party the British passed the intolerable acts.
13. The First Continental Congress met in Philadelphia on September 5th, 1774.
14. The first congress was made up of 56 delegates.
15. The rattle snake represents each American colony all separated.
16. In Lexington and Concord the British were looking for military supplies belonging to the Massachusetts Militia.
17. In the early months of 1775 George Washington helped put together military units known as independent companies.
18. The Continental Congress selects George Washington...