ABOUT CARREFOUR :
In 1959 Carrefour supermarket company is set by Fournier, Badin and Defforey families Who run discount supermarket in Annecy.
Carrefour is a French retailer headquartered in Boulogne Billancourt in France.
It is one of the largest hypermarket chains in the world, the second largest retail group in the world in terms of revenue, and the third in profit.
Carrefour operates in Europe, Argentina, Brazil, China, Dominican Republic, United Arab Emirates, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. also it has markets in North Africa and Asia.
Carrefour means "crossroads" and "public square" in French.
PLANNING IN CARREFOUR :
Carrefour planning makes a manager realize what he actually wants to achieve. He cannot direct his subordinates to the right direction if proper planning is not made. A manager cannot be confident, clear and concise enough on how to achieve their goals without having a well-defined plan. Planning will help him realize whether his course of action for achieving goals is right or not.
ORGANIZING IN CARREFOUR :
1. Organizational Structure :
- Under the authority of the Chief Executive, Carrefour's management is organized as follows:
a. The Executive Committee, which contributes to the definition and implementation of the strategic and operational plan and make sure about roll out of projects
b.The Executive Committee ensures the teams' Assortment and the dissemination of management and leadership principles.
2. Organizational Culture :
- To understand the organizational culture it's important to know the values of the group. These are presented in the mission, vision and goals of Carrefour.
- The company has three important values:
a. Commitment : they think that they are committed to professionally and also as members of the community.
“We constantly strive to exceed everyone's expectations by providing better value and finding new solutions for a better quality of life”
b. Carrying : they take care for their customers and also for their employees.
“We are receptive to their needs, each and every day. We welcome them to our stores and meet their needs with kindness, warmth and attention to detail”
c. Positive thinking : they want to rise and reach the level of the challenge with energy and enthusiasm and also with new ideas.
“We help brighten the lives of our customers and our consumers. For them, for our employees, for the planet, we want the best, both today and tomorrow”
- Members Of The Board Of Directors :
1. Georges Plassat " Chairman and Chief Executive Officer "
2. Sébastien Bazin " Vice-Chairman of the Board "
3. Amaury de Seze " Referent Director "
4. Bernard Arnault
5. Nicolas Bazire
6. Thierry Breto
7. René Brillet
8. Jean-Laurent Bonnafé
9. Charles Edelstenne
11. Diane Labruyère-Cuilleret
12. Mathilde Lemoine
13. Bertrand de Montesquiou
14. Georges Ralli
15. Anne-Claire Taittinger
- Mr. Robert Halley is Honorary President of the Board of...