NAME ISHA MALLAID NO. 0830
LECTURER: MR. NEWCOLAS
(1)List 15 documents use in procurement and supply process
(2) State and relate each document functions to purchasing and supply activities
1. Request for quotation
2. Pre- qualification
3. purchase order
4. Award notification letter
5. Order acknowledgement
6. Delivery note
7. Consignment note
8. supplier quotation, bid or tender document
9. Advice note
10. Specification and or service level agreement
11. Goods receive note informing receipts of the order
12. Quality inspectation forms
13. Invoice statement/ request for payment
14. Purchase requisition and bills of materials
15. Conformance order
(1) REQUEST FOR QUOTATION: One approach to initiating dealings with a supplier is to send an enquiry, request for information, request for quotation (RFQ) or request for proposal’ (RFP) to one or more suppliers. Suppliers may sometimes send in proposals without being asked, for standard items, or if the buyers requirements are known (eg) from market exchange or directories
(2) INVITATION TO TENDER- the organization may prefer t use a major formalized completive bidding r tendering procedure, in which pre- invitation to tender (ITT), or an invitation to bid for a contract, with the buyer intending to choose the supplier submitting the best proposal or the lowest price.
(3) PRE-QUALIFICATION QUESTIONNAIRES (PQQ) are a questionnaire assessing and organization’s commercial, technical and financial capabilities. It [provides a method of short listing interested suppliers meeting the required minimum qualification criteria.
(4) PURCHASE ORDERS (PO) is a commercial document issued by a buyer to a seller indicating types, qualities, and agreed prices for products or services the seller will provide to the buyer. Sending a purchase order to a supplier constitutes a legal offer to buy products or services. Acceptance of a purchase order by a seller usually forms a contract between the buyer and seller. APO is used to control the purchasing of products and services from external suppliers. Award notification letter an award letter is the decision notice sent out to the successful supplier(s) once the evaluation decision has been made. It is important to yet this right in order to manage the legal rick of a challenge and to avoid unnecessary delay in the award of the contract.
(5) ORDER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT- This form says we have received yours order and will meet your requirements except for. This tells the buying organization what the likely outcome of the purchase will be first of all it confirms that the suppliers has received the order hopefully, the supplier will not list any exceptions but sometimes stock shortages might mean the order cant be fulfilled for the time being. For example, if we order then units, we may be told that eight are in stock and can be delivered immediately, while the remaining two can be supplied a week later.
(6) DELIVERY NOTE: This is a document that very similar to the PO...