India is a vast nation with climatic conditions in the Northern regions that are completely different from that of the far South. There are typically three distinct seasons experienced in India- summer, monsoon and winter. Since the weather in the northern parts are not the same as the southern states owing to the varying durations of seasons, climate plays an important role in determining the best time to visit India. Generally, the most appropriate time to visit this country is during the cooler months between November and February. Another important aspect to be kept in mind while visiting India is the timings of various festivals in the different regions of the country.
Places to be visited in India
If you are planning to visit India, here is a list of places that you must not miss:
1. Agra: Situated in Uttar Pradesh, Agra is a place that must be visited by one and all. Studded with a number of heritage sites like the Red Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and the magnificent Taj Mahal built in the memory of Mumtaz Mahal by the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan, Agra is a top favorite among foreign and domestic travelers. Since this city experiences extreme summers and winters, the best time to visit it would be between October and March.
2. Amritsar: Located in northwestern Punjab, Amritsar is the ultimate holy centre of the Sikhs. The main attraction of Amritsar is the beautiful Golden Temple built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh in 1803. One must visit the Golden Temple to experience the rich culture and traditions of the Sikhs. The apt time to visit Amritsar would be between October and March, in order to avert the extreme conditions during summer and winter.
3. Jaipur: Jaipur, which is also known as the “Pink City” reflects the rich culture and heritage of Rajasthan. Indubitably, the top tourist attraction of Jaipur is the Jantar Mantar, an observatory built by Maharaja Jai Singh II in the 18th century. Other tourist hotspots are City Palace, Albert Hall and Sheesh Mahal. As temperature ranges between 38’ C to 40’C almost always, the best time to visit Jaipur would be between October and March.
4. Goa: Located on the River Mandovi between the Arabian Sea and the Western Ghats, Goa is rife of plazas, churches, cathedrals and soothing beaches. The architecture of Anne’s Church and the Basilica of Bom Jesus is a reminiscent of the Portuguese past of this magnificent city. Experiencing a pleasant climate throughout the year, the beauty of Goa can be best explored between October and June.
5. Varanasi: Touted as the holiest city of India having almost...