BHP Billiton is a global leader in mining and resource companies with around 100,000 employees in over 25 countries worldwide.BHP was founded in 1885 as the broken hill proprietary company having three main operations such as minerals, petroleum and steel. In case of minerals and petroleum market it includes the production of iron ore, copper, nickel, silver, diamonds, oil and gas and other natural resource. It also produces other services like transport and logistics, corporate services, strategy and legal.
In The Hague,Netherlans Billiton PLC was formulated in 1860 where it started its first extraction. Earlier focus of this company was on tin mining in Indonesia on the Island of Billiton. Then in 1997 it will joins the membership with FTSE (Financial Time and The London Stock Exchange) 100 index.
Some of the main conditions of the market prior to the merger were:
• The global financial markets have been more selective.
• Customers and consolidation have become much more effective.
• The uncertain financial situations with most major economies in the world.
• Faced with a period of slow or no growth.
Prior to the emerging, BHP Billiton is among the world's largest producers who engage in the production of zinc aluminium, copper, manganese, iron ore, uranium, nickel, silver, oil, gas and titanium.
For further expansion of organization it opened two new mine companies:
• Queensland, the Canning ton silver, zinc, lead, crinum coal mine and
• Canada, the Ekati Diamond Mine.
Then BHP was formed a dual listed company in JUNE 29, 2001 as a result of consolidation between two companies broken hill proprietary (BHP) and BHP (PLC). Thereafter it becomes a one of the world's biggest diversified resource companies. Its main headquarter is in Melbourne, Australia and the chief executive officer is ANDREW MACKENZIE.
After this emerge BHP become more efficient in following ways:
• It provides more active and highly capitalized exchange.
• Now BHP offers extensive ways of services for customers.
• It leads the company for internationalization and diversification; it would give great opportunities to the employees to do world all around the world.
• Due to the effect of portfolios, it reduces the reliance on the exchange trade commodities.
With the new form of BHP Billiton, it gives more complete solutions and also provides a wide range of services to customers. BHP Billiton is the third largest copper producer in the world, third largest producer of aluminium in western world and the third largest producer of iron ore in the world and the largest to be producer in the world export steam coal and hark cooking coal. BHP also expertise in bio-processing technology for the processing of metal Bio Cop, a technology that can bring a better cope with the process of the existing copper smelting.
Along with all, it has sales and marketing groups that are located in Singapore, the US and Belgium. Recently BHP attains its great developments:
• Subzero secures $5.9...