• Toyota, this very word is strength in its for Indus Motor company because of the excellent reputation Toyota Motor Corporation has made over the years since its inception. It is world’s first manufacturer to have built 10 million vehicles in one year (Journal, 2014). Being the fourteenth largest corporation worldwide, including numerous factories around the world, when it comes to valuing its employees, its customers, its stakeholders and steadfastness, the brand name “Toyota” speaks for itself. Toyota has been acknowledged for its successful great effort for innovation, ethics and moral. All of these aspects have without doubt helped IMC in conjunction with other ...view middle of the document...
• Resale value of cars being assembled and manufactured by IMC is quite retained.
• IMC is the only manufacturer among Toyota family where both Toyota and Daihatsu brand vehicles are manufactured (Wikipedia, 2012).
• The amount of recalls has been Indus Motor Company’s one of the biggest challenge for quite some time. Certain malfunctioning in the cars while trying to pay too much attention towards design has caused major setback to the brand’s name. This can be quite worrisome since having a reputation for quality and reliability asks for extra ordinary hard work to keep the name, and ignorance of whichever kind can cause damaging effects to customer’s safety and the brand name.
• Over supply can be a substantial weakness since slight fluctuations in economy can bring consumer base down.
• Green cars is the new trend among many customers around the world and so is in Pakistan since the idea is rapidly getting recognition and acceptance by locals to save the planet earth. IMC can have a giant market base in Pakistan if it works and invests in hybrid cars such as solar energy utilising cars in Pakistan to support this cause, given all the other efforts IMC has made for environment protection.
• IMC has an edge over its competitors for introducing Fortune, a truly first SUV of Pakistan, which is 40% cheaper than the imported version (IMC, 2013, p. 33).