Computer Network & Support Technician is a field that deals with the computers, servers and virtualized OS (operating system). Networking includes different processes such as Installing, Maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading Web-server hardware and software. The main purpose of Computer Networking is to manage routers, up gradation and troubleshoot problems in such a way that extra efficiency is achieved with low cost of total expense. The job responsibilities in this field include managing each and every computer or routers and keep update with technology, bring new ways to troubleshoot the problems, and get prepared for future problems or causes.
Here are some ...view middle of the document...
Computer Network Technician
• Computer network technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
• Maintaining, troubleshooting and administrating the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet equipment
• Evaluating and install the computer hardware, networking software’s, operating system software’s and software applications
• Network users are provided by problem solving services
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
• Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
• Maintain control records and perform routine network start up and close down
• Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
• Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
• Control and monitor e-mail use, Web navigation, and installed software’s
• Perform shell scripting and other basic scripting in the tasks.
According to the position basic employment requirements are:
• Completion of a college or other program in computer science, network administration, Web technology or a related field is usually required.
• Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
• Minimum 1- 2 years of experience with a team member position or higher position.
Computer Network Technician Supervisor