In any company- be it a proprietorship or a partnership firm or a multinational corporation, Human resources has always played a significant role in particular vicinity of a company’s regular schedule. Depending on the nature and profile of the company the HR executes various general functions. (Mayhew R., N.D.) Such as –
• It is the prime duty of a HR to formulate plans to ensure maximum utilisation of manpower for advancement of the organization.
• Another important role of the HR is to set up a lucrative remuneration packages in accordance with the other organizations of same profile- so that the company not only can hire proficient workforce but will also be able to retain them from changing the company.
• The entire procedure of recruitment along with providing ample training to the new joiners about the company, its rules and regulations, objectives and the responsibilities of the designation is done by the HR team.
• Legal responsibilities involved in hiring employees through selection process and monitoring the activities of the employees following the governmental policies- the HR is accountable for all of it.
• The HR is also liable to offer security and safety to all employees at office; and looking after their welfare and contentment.
2.0 Evolution in role of human resources in the modern organisation
It is discussed that after the financial collapse in 1945, the human resource management has undergone several modifications due to the tremendous strain which the modern organisations have to endure nowadays. The causes responsible for changes in human resource management are
• technological up gradation
• increase of competition in the market
• Modification in organizational treaties, arrangement of designations
• Alterations in work allocation on the basis of potentiality of the workers
All of the above reasons are accountable for the changes which come in human resource management so that it can help and direct the organization through these changeovers. (Beatty, R. W., & Schneier, C. E. 1997)
2.1 Traditional Personnel Management (PM) versus Human Resource Management (HRM)
The modification in the purpose of human resources has been developing for a while now. Rising from the most horrible financial downturn in 1945, a transformation came all over the world needed supervisors, who will be able to twist the techniques so that considerable growth and improvement can be ignited for successful utilization of workforce. While many believe in the fact that Personnel management and Human Resource Management are one and same. However, many Specialists who believe that there are dissimilarities amid these two concepts points out that (CIPD 2012)-
Personnel management is of organizational in character and mostly remain involved in employment related regulations, transaction with the workers and their payment. Human Resources Management, on the other hand, is responsible for organization of the...