1. What is the name of the author? Find out at least 3 facts about him and his life.
The name of the author behind “Charlie and the chocolate factory” is Roald Dahl, he was born the 13th of September in 1916, and he died the 23rd of November in 1990. His parents were norwegian, but he was born in Wales. Roald are known as a norwegian-british author and his work became best-selling in the whole world. He wrote short stories, poetries, screenplays, long stories and novels. Roalds short stories are mostly known for their unexpected endings, and his children′s books for their unsentimental (often very dark) humor.
2. Name at least 5 other stories the author has written.
5 of the other stories that Roald Dahl has written is “Matilda”, “James and the Giant Peach”, “The B.F.G.”, “Danny, the Champion of the World” and “Fantastic Mr Fox”. This is 5 of the other most famous books by Rohald Dhal if you don’t count with “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”.
3. What do you know about the book already? (Before you have read it).
I already know that the main character in “Charlie and the Chocolare Factory” is Charlie Bucket. He is a poor boy who lives in a shabby house with his two parents and four grandparents. Every day they eat garbage-soup because they cant afford anything else. Charlie always dreams about eating chocolate since he walks by the biggest chocolate factory in the whole world every day. Willy Wonka drives this factory but nobody ever comes out or in from the factory, so not anybody knows whom Wonka´s workers is. One day Wonka advertises that he is giving out five golden tickets that are hidden in five chocolates throughout the world. The ones that find those tickets are invited to the factory so they can review the factory with Wonka a certain day. Charlie finds one ticket and picks his grandfather, Joe to go with him. When the day is finally there so many unexpected things happen, but this makes a good turn in Charlie’s life. (We have already watched the movie based on the book several times)
4. Find out what the illustrator’s name is and 2 facts about him.
Quentin Blake is the illustrator of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”. He was born in 1932 and is an English cartoonist, illustrator and children´s writer. He is most known for illustrating books written by Roald Dhal.
5. What are your expectations about the book?
We really hope the book is as exceptional as the movie and we also expect that there are a little more details in this book than the movie.
6. Now, open up the book….
7. Tasks about the content
8. Task 1
9. Choose one of the child characters to interview a few years after their experiences in the chocolate factory.
10. Name of character: Augustus Gloop
11. Age: 17 years
12. Job: Augustus Gloop is the owner of a fabric that recives all the chocolate that has gone out of date. He secretly eats most of the chocolate even when its gone out of date, but nobody knows.
13. Interview questions:
- How did you feel...