The Project took place in the Sanitas International Organisation, a business group founded in 1980 which mainly focuses on all business activities related to health services. The project consisted of the process implementation of a new pre-paid medical service company named Colsanitas Peru Eps. This project was carried out from Bogotá City, Colombia, and occasionally from Lima City, Peru from 15th June 2009 to 01st October 2010 as a full-time work item. The area which I developed is for this Implementation Process Engineering Department, whilst there in my position as Process Engineer.
CE2.1. The project for the Central Engineering was to integrate existing ...view middle of the document...
CE2.3. I was assigned to the project of processes integration because as an Industrial Engineer, I have the knowledge and skills required to undertake processes of change, optimization and systematization. In turn, to integrate processes under just one language.
CE2.4. The processes integration involved my presence in the following areas and teams:
- Projects: The project was developed under the PMI methodology (Project Management Institute) and under the direction of the person who implemented this methodology in the organization. It is important to highlight that I was the first engineer to apply this methodology in a project for the Sanitas International organization.
- Processes: Process definition and procedures for Colsanitas Peru with the verification and approval by area leaders and managers from both companies;
- Systems: Generation of requests for systems development, where all variables required in detail for automating processes activities were established;
- Legal: Understanding of the Terms, Rules and Conditions legal exercised by the government of Peru on service Health companies, together with a Peruvian lawyer specializing in the industry regulations;
- Marketing and Advertising: Cooperation in launching the project, which it was in charge of the commercial department which I leaned into its term as I submit later on;
- Accounting: Integration of the operational processes, developing them based on accounting regulations required in Peru.
c) Personal Workplace Activity
CE2.5. The project was developed in 5 phases: Planning, Current Status, Conceptual Design, Development and Implementation. My participation in the project began in the second phase: Current Status and the first step I made was a diagnostic for all the processes that would be needed to begin operations. I researched and I collected information from the sector companies in Peru and their processes reflexion towards users. Then I compared them in terms of competitiveness, quality, and technological advances. Then I made a matrix relation over existing processes in Colombia to find improvement options, clarify needs and adapt best practices and options for implementing processes in Peru.
CE2.6. This led me to ask about the legal regulations that applied in Peru for these businesses, and together with the data collected I designed a format, integrating Colombia flowcharts procedures and Peruvian requirements necessary to begin operations, in order to confirm with the leaders of each area. The results allowed me to know more deeply the operation and status of the procedures; I evidencing critical situations to the project in terms of perspectives, definition and times of technological development against the goals set. The leaders of Peru were on the lookout for developments in their processes by Colombia, but with the data obtained were necessary to create contingency plans which I designed with the leaders of each area.
CE2.7. At the conceptual design stage of...