Comparing the Aura Café and the Lunch Box
The Aura Café
Situated on the High Street of Whitechapel, opposite the tube station,
the Aura café was opened in December 2004. It is a small café owned
and control by a sole owner Mr. Muhammad Ali but well furnished with
around 30 covers, with air conditioning system, a nice interior
decoration and also a non smoking area.
SWOT Analysis of the Aura Café.
* According to my findings, the Aura café targets mostly the students
from colleges and universities of the surrounding area. The target
market is young college students and therefore seeks to fulfill the
following benefits that are important to its customers:
* More time to relax and have enjoy conversation. And also there is a
wide screen TV with music channel, which basically is a plus point for
the café to have more student customers
* the Aura Café has a nice interior decoration and has more
comfortable seats than the Lunch Box. Moreover there is proper air
* the Aura café has a smoking and a non smoking area, which is a great
advantage as it attracts both smokers and non smokers
* It also offers internet facilities, printing and fax service. This
aspects attracts more students to the café compared to the Lunch box.
* Finally, the location of the Aura café is one of its greatest
strengths compared to the Lunch Box. As it is located on the High
Street and a few steps from the tube
* station, it is more likely to be noticed by people moving in and out
of the tube station
* the service at the Aura café is very poor due to lack of staffs.
They have all together 3 staffs only, 2 at the counter and 1 serving
the food. The staffs are inexperienced and lack knowledge and skills
about food management.
* The café offers a limited variety of food
* Another weakness of the café is that they don’t have a chef, and
they buy all their ready made foods from suppliers and this increases
their cost of production and that is why they cant have lower prices
than the Lunch Box
* The main weakness is that the smoke extractor in the smoking area
doesn’t work, which leaves the lounge full of smokes. I noticed when
u leave the Aura Café, your clothes stinks of smoke.
* As it is 4 months old, the Aura café doesn’t have that much goodwill
as the Lunch Box
* As its main customers are students, the aura café could offer
student discounts, which is another way of attracting more students.
* They could employ a chef and more staff so that they can provide
self made food which will be of good quality and also offer better and
* An opportunity of the Aura Café is that it can operate till late
night instead of closing at 17:00 hours. This would be a better way