1) An investigation has taken place into the customer service
practices of Sainsbury Supermarket, the investigation will show the
· It will identify and describe the different types of customers and
· It will identify and analyse the skills required in customer
· How has sainsbury incorporated consumer protection into its customer
· It will also describe how the organisation uses customer service to
meet customer needs as well as strategic objectives.
The report will show how the Sainsbury Supermarket could improve
customer service. The report will contain the following techniques,
· How had sainsbury try to improve customer service
· How sainsbury monitors the performance of its customer service
· How sainsbury could recommend improving its quality systems to help
meet customer quality standards.
As for this assignment the business that was interesting is Sainsbury
because it is the longest standing major food retailing chain in
Britain as well as in France and other European Countries. Sainsbury
supermarket was established in 1869 by John James and Mary Ann
Sainsbury. Sainsbury supermarket serves over 11 million customers a
week & as at May 2003 had 535 stores throughout the UK.
Sainsbury Mission is to be the consumer’s first choice for food,
delivering products of outstanding quality and great service at a
competitive cost through working faster simpler and together.
Sainsbury is committed to developing and maintaining mutually
beneficial relationship with their suppliers as well as their
customers. As seen in the diagram below:-
Sainsbury are based on four key principles these are:-
· Commitment to invest in people and to achieved the business goals
· Planning how skills, individuals and teams are to be developed to
achieve these goals
· Taking action to develop and use necessary skills in a well defined
and continuing programme directly to the business objectives.
· Evaluating out comes of training and development for individual’s
progress towards the goals, the value achieved and the future needs.
Below are sainsbury mission objectives which will includes the
v Sainsbury have many products and services to offer to their
customers in order to sell their products to their customers with
quality products, and at a good price.
v Sainsbury will know how their customers will response to the growth
of the product i.e. attitudes to growth
v Sainsbury will see that they would mainly need to use the
technologies at the check point.
v The strategy and the objectives may be...