Cyber bullying or digital tormenting is a manifestation of harassing that has been occurring a great deal all the more in center and secondary schools due to the change of innovation and expanded utilization of online networking systems. Something that has not by any means been built in these schools is disciplines. Do you know whether your center school or secondary school had a discipline for this? Precisely. It is not extremely normal for schools to have digital spooks suspended. Not due to it being hard for them to escape with it, but since schools may not understand how genuine of an issue this truly is. Center schools and secondary schools ought to have scholars who go about as ...view middle of the document...
Some of the laws condemning cyber bullying according to ACM code of conduct includes;
• Avoid harm to others: - this code demands that people should not whether directly or indirectly inflict or cause harm to others. So people should not take advantage of anonymity online to threaten other people online which may lead to fatal injuries to the victims.
• Contribute to society and human well-being: -everyone is tasked with the civil responsibility of positively contributing towards to community and improving human lives. Cyber bullying does not just not contribute to the development of the society but also a menace to the well-being of people.
• Respect the privacy of others: - this is the most direct negation of the ACM code of conduct. Everyone has a right to privacy but all forms of cyber bullying directly oppose people’s privacy which is inconvenient and threatening.
Other laws include the computer fraud and abuse act which cover everything related to networking.
Cyber bullying could also be discussed under ethical theories, some of which includes;
• Relativism: - Cyber bullying is regarded as wrong in the society which we live in. Technological advances have made it easier for people to show anti-social behavior through the internet. No one can beyond reasonable doubt proof that there is any religion, culture, or ideology that justifies cyber bully. Although this hasn’t stopped the cyber bullies from achieving their objectives.
• Social approaches to problem youth- Issues of cyber bullying also between those of lower social classes and particular regions and groups within the society are more likely to be targeted. E.g. ethnic minorities. Social networks are usually the safe haven for cyber bullies to intimidate and harass others either because of their genders, race or sometimes both.
• Marxist and Critical Criminology- Crime is viewed as inevitable; it has always existed but has recently taken on this new form. It is easier for someone to access information about another person and the internet is often used as an outlet for youth aggression.
Many people believe what they post on social media websites does not follow them in life, meanwhile it actually does and they can cause problems with colleges, future employers and potential cyber bullies. It says things like ‘what is happening’, ‘where are you now’, ‘share with the world’, and people get excited and think they are only trying to socialize whereas though this might be true but the presence of internet trolls have made it to be an indirect suicide. They take photos of you, note the places you go, your address and contacts, friends and families and make it up to build a profile about your personality and in turn use it to torment and extort you. Many people post things that are inappropriate while they are younger that shouldn't follow them into adulthood. This makes the issue of cyber bullying not just about teenagers but also adults. Information about you past could be used to...