The outcome of my electrical project was a terrific outcome. I managed to work out my schedule to efficiently and effectively complete the circuit. My first mission was to come up with a legitimate set of calculation which would allow me to meet my criteria for the project. After successfully coming up with calculations, this subsequently led to me beginning to build my circuit. Building the circuit became a challenge because I had to remember to align my voltage drops with the correct resistors. Overall, the project was a success! Without the correct use of mathematics, this project would not have been possible. Math enables solutions to problematic equations. With that said, the circuit board was an overall problematic equation that needed to be solved through mathematics. In order to fully understand the relevance of these mathematics problems, I must first had to be aware of the different rules with creating on electrical circuit board; rules such as Ohms Law and well as Kirchhoff’s Law. Being able to discern the proper use of series and parallel calculations played a pivotal role in completing this assignment. In the following sections, I will further elaborate on the pros and cons of the electrical project.
The purpose of this project was to apply the engineering design process to an electrical circuit problem. From writing the first basic problem statement to the submitting the final laboratory report, this project was able to challenge my ability to use the various tools acquired throughout the semester. These tools ranged from time management, attention to detail, simple mathematical calculations and calculation accuracy. In addition to constructing and testing a direct current (DC) voltage divider, I had to learn Ohm’s Law as well as Kirchhoff’s Law. Successful completion of the project was based on how I communicate the process by which I was able to solve the problems. The provided power source was an 18 V DC. The individual circuit had to be designed with five different resistor combinations. Each resistor combination had to result in the specified voltage drop between nodes and the voltage specified at each of the five test nodes. The last mission was for my circuit to past the test! I did not pass the test my first time because my resistors were in the wrong places. After I double checked my color codes for the resistors, I was able to correct my initial mistakes and past the test.
While attempting this electrical project, creating a circuit that can produce a certain voltage drop between nodes throughout the circuit was a challenge. First, the challenges to me were identifying each resistor because of the many different colors which gave identity to the ohms. Other areas of obstacles were the circuit must contain resistors that are valued 220 ohms, 330 ohms, 2200 ohms, 3300 ohms, and 10000 ohms. In addition to understanding the value of the ohms, plenty of “guess and check”...