According to the case study, the web design company is facing different issues in term of decision making, communication and managing information. This can be address by define key issues and outlining varieties approaches and possible solution that can be applied.
Definition: Group decision making is member of people arrived at decision that is satisfactory to each group of member. Member of the group constantly make decision about how they should collaborate, achieve a task or choose new member. They are still individuals but their decision reflects relationships and mutual expectation. (Boddy.2008.) However the number of people involve in decision making will be varies greatly but often choices from two to seven, the group might be demographically similar or quite diverse as individual. According to the case study some group decision making have been highlighted
• Web designers cannot offer new updates to clients unless it has been agreed by management, yet without it, the support system will compromise their website, and hence the service they pay you for.
• Web designers and customer service operators complain that the IT technicians are isolated which mean they do not easy access to their support when dealing with queries. IT feels that without a secure environment to work from their hardware and software could be compromised
• Byist from the 3 managers to certain staff members
• Incorrect or late wage payments
• Staff morale issues due to ever-changing rota, days off and holidays that Sue manage
Reasons: The reason why this decision should be made by group is, both managers and staff will be deciding as it involves two or more people to make decision and requires an agreement before it has been offered to clients. Their decision is a process to identify problem and opportunity and then resolve them. It’s a quality decision for both manger and staff in the company to be better decision as group or as they might make bad decision (Boddy. 2008). Their Group decision can predict and will generate more alternatives than individual by applying wider ranges of experience, ability and expertise than individual can bring.
Regarding to three managers having biased to certain staff member in the company will be another group decision & discussion as it required. They need to be encouraged to have an open conversation about how both manager and staff should handle because their difference impacting the quality of their experience in the work place and their work performance.
Individual: On the other hand individual decision making referees to individual making decision without a group’s input, which gives great sense of accomplishment and satisfaction, where nobody gets in or share individual ideas. This might result individual to make decision that works best for them. According to the case study there are key issues highlighted as individual decision making are:
• No proper location to have meetings, brainstorms, or personal...