Home Remedies for Belching
Belching is the expulsion of gas from the digestive tract which involves mainly esophagus and stomach. It is commonly known as burp. In addition to the release of gas, it is sometime accompanied with sound and also a foul odor. In medical terms, it is referred to as eructation.
Causes of Belching
Swallowing of air while eating or drinking may be a typical cause of belching. Therefore it subsequently expels the gas in the form of burps. There may be some reasons of swallowing such large amount of air (aerophagia) which are listed below:
• Gulping of food and drink more rapidly
• Carbonated beverages
• Chewing gums
• Poorly fitted dentures
• Mouth breathing
• Food allergy
• Food intolerances
• Emotional stress
• Relaxed esophageal sphincter during breathing
• Stomach acid deficiency
However, belching for some people is necessarily because of excess air in the stomach but may be a habit. This can be a response to a type of abdominal discomfort which may be associated with some pain.
Symptoms of Belching
Belching and other gas formation problem resolve on their own. However, if the symptoms persist it is better to consult a doctor. The common symptoms are listed below:
• Nausea or vomiting
• Weight loss
• Persistent heartburn
• Abdominal or rectal pain
• Blood in stools
There are a variety of effective home remedies which can reduce the symptoms and control belching.
Home Remedies for Belching using soups and herbal teas
• Soups if taken before the main course of meal are effective in treating belching. This is because they create the ground of digestion by eliminating salts and liquids which are responsible for gas in the stomach. In spite of all these, it also generates gastric acid which aids digestion.
• Herbal tea also gives instant relief from belching. You can prepare this by using mint, blackberry, raspberry and chamomile. This ensures the digestion of food to be smooth.
Home Remedies for Belching using fenugreek seeds, cloves and asafetida
• One of the ancient and ideal home remedies for belching is asafetida. It can be added to any food item and help in releasing unwanted gas in the stomach.
• Cloves can be chewed after meals which is effective for belching. In addition to this chewing of cloves makes the mouth fresh and relief from the belching condition.
• Fenugreek seed are beneficial for all kinds of stomach related problems. You can soak a teaspoon of fenugreek...