Home Remedies for Chickenpox
Chickenpox is one of a highly contagious ailment. It is also known as Varicella as it was caused by varicella-zoster virus. The common victims of chickenpox are children and it is a condition which occurs one or other times in childhood. Sometimes adults may do get it.
It usually starts with a skin rash and gradually develops on the body and head. The rash appears on the second day after the person gets the infection. Finally the rash forms into blisters which then burst and scabs over. It is highly communicable and easily spreads through cough and sneezes. Pregnant women and people who have a suppressed immune system have a higher tendency and are at a risk of severe complication. The incubation period of the disease is between 2-3 weeks. During winter and spring season, people are more prone to get the disease and become infected.
Causes of Chickenpox
Some of the common causes for the disease are listed below:
• Contact with broken blisters of chickenpox.
• Herpes zoster virus
• Inhaling droplets of airborne virus of chickenpox
• Poor and weak immune system
Symptoms of Chickenpox
The common and well-known signs of chickenpox are:
• An itch red rash that resembles an insect bites.
• Liquid-filled blisters that are tiny which can break open and have crust over.
Usually the rash of chickenpox has three stages which are given below:
• Raised pink or red bumps (papules)
• These bumps are filled with liquid called blisters (vesicles)
• And lastly these vesicles have crust over and scab
There is a possibility that all the above stages can occur at the same time.
Following the rash there are other symptoms like:
• Abdominal pain accompanied with loss of appetite
• A mild headache or severe headache
• A dry cough
• Irritability and uneasiness
Treatments and drugs are given to people who have high complications from chickenpox. Antihistamine may be given to relieve from itching. Nevertheless, there are some very effective home remedies for chickenpox which can be taken as a better option for treating it.
Home Remedies for Chickenpox using brown vinegar and oatmeal
• Brown vinegar is a powerful treatment for chickenpox. Prepare a remedy by using a half cup of the vinegar and add in warm bathwater. This reduces the irritation and heals the lesion quickly.
• Oatmeal is also useful and is a natural remedy that relieves the itchy problem. This effective bath can be prepared by cooking two cups of oatmeal in two liters of water. Cook it for twenty minutes. After this make a poultice by putting a cotton bag...