Home Remedies for Abrasion
Abrasion is an injury that occurs on the topmost layer of the skin called the epidermis. This external scratch is a minor condition that may result in bleeding. The scar and sign gets healed within a small duration of time. However if the injury occurs owing to some rough surfaces then the skin may appear red or pink. There can be a burning sensation without any bleeding. This may be mainly because the second layer of the grazed skin is exposed to injury.
The common victims of abrasion are children and kids who often get scraped knee and bruised arm. Sportsmen are other victims of abrasion.
Causes of Abrasion
The common causes for abrasion are
• Sports injury
• Fall from heights
• Bed sores
• Some of the diseases have abrasion as their symptoms
Symptoms of abrasion
• Shallow wounds that appears reddish when the skin is scraped off.
• Hot and burning sensation wherever the wound has occurred
• The abrasion oozes a fluid on the surface of the wound which is sometime blood.
• If there is allergic reaction then the person may experience a slight fever.
• For shallow abrasion there may be no bleeding but a scrape on the skin.
• The abrasion can be itchy sometime.
Abrasions are also known as “cabinet friction” because it is caused by the sliding action in a cabinet. The normal cuts and scratches can be treated at home and do not require much of medical attention. Some of the well-known remedies are mentioned below:
Home Remedies for Abrasion using Aloe, lavender and garlic oil
• Aloe Vera is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial and helps in healing and soothing of the wounds. Use the Aloe Vera gel for external application.
• Lavender oil is also beneficial for abrasion. Use few drops of the oil on the abrasion directly.
• Garlic oil is known to reduce inflammation and infection. Put a few drops of garlic oil on the band-aid and place it on the wound.
Home Remedies for Abrasion using dandelion tea and marigold flowers
• Dandelion tea and nettle tea is rich in iron and is traditional method to cure anemia. Honey is used to sweeten the tea.
• An infusion is prepared by using herbs which is an excellent home remedy for abrasion. The herbs that you can use are alfalfa, rose-hip, dandelion root, yellow dock, centaury and watercress.
• Marigold flowers if crushed and applied externally is beneficial for wounds and injuries.
Home Remedies for Abrasion using crushed leaves for external application