Home Remedies for Acidity
The excess secretion of acid in the stomach that aids digestion is called acidity or APD. It is also known as gastritis. The normal amount of acid helps in breaking down the food. The body normally has some protective mechanism that protects against the acid in the stomach as well as proximal intestine. The imbalance between the acid and protective mechanism causes what is known as acidity. The acid the stomach secretes is hydrochloric acid that helps the digestive system to function normally.
Causes of Acidity
There are a number of reasons that causes acidity and listed below:
• Fibreless and refined food
• Excess intake of alcohol and smoking weakens the nervous system and stops the stomach to function properly.
• Eating of spicy food, eating hurriedly and over eating all leads to acidity.
• Gastro duodenal peptic ulcer
• Reflux of gastric juice
• Hyper secretion of hydrochloric acid
• Not having food on time
• Skipping meals like breakfast and being empty stomach for long time.
• Aging and obesity
• Weakness of the valves
• Inappropriate food habits
Symptoms of Acidity
The common symptoms of acidity in children are:
• Inadequate weight
• Respiratory problems
• Turning down food
For adults the symptoms are little different and given below:
• Long heartburn
• Chest and stomach pain
• Gas formation in the stomach
• Gastro esophageal reflux
• Formation of ulcer in esophagus
• Voice change
• Muscular contractions pain
• Pain in the ears
• Swallowing of food
• Bitter taste in mouth
• Nausea and loss of appetite
• Constant pain in the upper abdomen
Home Remedies for Acidity using milk, mint and clove
• In the morning eat two plantains in empty stomach and after ten minutes drink a glass of milk. Continue this for one week as this helps to cure the acidity.
• Consuming milk and milk products is helpful for acidity.
• Mint juice is recommended for acidity and should be taken on daily basis.
• Chew a piece of clove and suck its juice. This is highly beneficial.
Home Remedies for Acidity using apple cider vinegar and cumin seeds
• Two teaspoon of apple cider vinegar is mixed with two teaspoon of honey in a glass of water. Mix this properly and drink it before meals. This cuts down the chances of getting acidity.
• Cumin seeds are boiled in a glass of water. This is effective and should be drunk before meals.
Home Remedies for Acidity using fruits and water
• Fruits like cucumber, watermelon and banana help in...