Home Remedies for Cysts
Cyst is a closed sac-like structure that occurs in the tissue. It may contain semi-solid materials, air or fluids. However once a cyst is formed, it may can go away on its own or can also be removed with the help of surgery.
Cysts are small lumps that can appear on the neck, back or head. And the main occurrence of cysts is due to the blockage of oil glands. These are composed of sebum which is a semi solid matter. In some situation there may be some amount of painful oozing from the cysts.
They can occur anywhere in the body and people of any age can get it. They vary in size and can be detected under a microscope or sometimes they grow very large that they displace a normal organ or tissue.
Causes of Cysts
There may be a number of processes that are responsible for cysts and listed below:
• Wear and tear or obstruction in the flow of fluid
• Chronic inflammatory condition
• Genetic condition
• Defects that may arise while developing organs in the embryo
Types of cysts
There are hundred of cysts that can occur in the body. Out of them the most common or well-known are listed below:
• Breast cysts which belongs to the part of benign proliferative disease or (fibrocystic breast disease)
• Ovarian cysts
• Cysts that develops within the thyroid gland
• Ganglion cysts that occur in the joints and tendons
• Cysts on the glands that occur within the eyelids. It is termed as chalazions.
• Sebaceous cysts that occur in the small glands in the skin.
Tests and diagnose of cysts
In some cases a cyst can be felt on the skin. An abnormal lump which occurs beneath the skin or tissue can be noticed easily. Cysts on the breast can be examined on the affected area with the help of fingers. However, for liver and kidneys, the cysts cannot be detected easily. Hence, for such tiny cysts imaging studies may be used. This may include X-ray; CT scan i.e. computerized tomography, ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging or MRI.
In most general case the cysts are harmless and are self contained and may not require expensive drugs and treatments. Nonetheless, home remedies for cysts are very helpful and can reduce the problem to a greater extent.
Home Remedies for Cysts using turmeric
• Turmeric can be used to resolve cysts. You can prepare a paste and apply on the paste. It is one of the safest home remedies for cysts. While using turmeric, no specific precautions are required. Because of the medicinal benefits the cysts can be cured within a month time.
Home Remedies for Cysts by heading the...