Dark underarms or armpits are a condition of the skin under the arms that becomes dark. It becomes a major concern to fair skin people as dark armpits are more visible on fair skin than on dark skin.
The causes for dark underarms are:
• Improper cleaning
• Friction due to different types of clothes
• Dead skin cells
• Use of shaving products
• Deodorants containing alcohol
The symptoms of dark underarms are
• Dark skin along the area of armpits
• Bad odor
Pregnancy, hormonal changes, age and genes all play an important role in decolonization of the armpits and cause a lot of embarrassment. The home remedies for dark underarms are those recommended and suggested by experts. This helps you to get rid of the problem easily by following the remedies regularly. Some of them are listed below:
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms using lemon and sandal
• Lemon is effective because it removes the dead cells from the skin and makes it look lighter. Rub a slice of lemon on the area to lighten the area.
• Use sandalwood powder and mix it with rosewater to make a paste and apply a thick coat of the paste under the arms. This cleanses all the dirt of the skin and lightens the area.
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms using cucumber and scrubs
• Take a little of the cucumber extract juice and mix it with turmeric. Lime juice is added to enhance the mixture and prevent the skin darkening of the underarms. This mixture is applied and kept for half an hour which is than washed off gradually.
• Home scrubs can be prepared by using peel of dry oranges. Powder this and add yogurt to it. Mix this properly and apply on the darkening area. This is one of the by far the best home remedy for dark underarms.
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms using potato juice and baking soda
• Potato juice has bleaching properties that retains the fairness of the skin.
• After a shower, gently massage the dark underarm with baking soda. This reduces the darkening of the armpits. Baking soda does not smell and is odorless that absorbs excess of sweat and is a natural drying agent.
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms using milk, alum powder and coconut oil
• Milk is effective for treating dark underarms. Take equal amounts of curd and gram flour. Add milk to this mixture and add a pinch of turmeric powder. Mix it well and apply over the area of underarms.
• Alum powder is a good alternative to deodorants. This prevents...