Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure or hypertension is one of the chronic medical conditions that cause the pressure of the blood to go high. It has become a silent killer and a common disease of the modern age. The physical and mental pressure of the fast pace of life can be in way responsible to increase the adrenaline in the blood stream that causes the pressure to elevate. The heart exerts a force as it pumps blood into the large arteries and as such creates a pressure within them which is known as blood pressure.
Blood pressure is important for the blood to circulate throughout the body. If the pressure is higher than the desired level than it causes what is known as high blood pressure. This narrows the capillaries or the small blood vessels and as such it stresses the heart to pump blood via these blood vessels.
The normal blood pressure for an adult individual is 120/80mm of mercury. Hypertension is common among older people and may be hereditary.
There are some important terms in high blood pressure like
• Systolic pressure which means the highest pressure reached in each heart beat. It is the pressure required for the contraction of the heart as it pushes and circulates the blood in the body.
• Diastolic pressure is the lowest pressure between two consecutive heartbeats. It is the pressure present in the artery and shows the condition of the capillaries when the heart is relaxed.
Causes of High Blood Pressure
The main causes for hypertension are:
• High intake of sodium
• Hormonal changes in women
• Smoking and too much consumption of alcohol
• Hereditary and family history for high blood pressure
• Chronic kidney problem
• Adrenal and thyroid disorder.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
There are generally no signs and symptoms for high blood pressure. In fact about one third of the people suffering from hypertension do not know it. The only way to know it is through regular blood pressure check ups. This is very important for you if someone in the family has hypertension.
The other symptoms you need to look out if the blood pressure becomes extremely high include the following:
• Difficulty in breathing
• Severe headache
• Vision problems
• Blood in the urine
• Chest pain
• Irregular heartbeat
• Pounding in the chest, ears and neck
If you are looking out for some home remedies for high blood pressure than you may try one of the following:
Home Remedies for...