Home Remedies for Rheumatism
Rheumatism is a medical term which is associated with the pain in connective joints and tissues. The name is derived from the Greek word ‘rheuma’ which literally means swelling. And most often it is associated with arthritis and rheumatic fever. Nonetheless, it can be also associated with symptoms of many conditions that may cause severe or mild pain and weakness.
Causes of Rheumatism
Many physiological factors can cause rheumatism. However, there is no scientific prove that considers mental stress to be sole responsible for rheumatism. The other causes of rheumatism are listed below:
• Excessive intake of meat and de-mineralized starch
• Excessive intake of acid forming foods like soda
• Intake of refined sugar
• Too much of consumption of fatty food
• Consumption of artificial food items
• Teeth infections
• Presence of toxic food in the body due to prolonged use of drugs and medication.
• Hormonal imbalance in the body
• Gall bladder problems
• Another cause of rheumatism can be hereditary.
Symptoms of Rheumatism
The onsets of this condition are characterized by the following signs and symptoms:
• Intense swelling
• Stiffness on the affected areas
• Joint and body pain
• Pain in the eyes
• Improper urination
Types of Rheumatism
The major types of rheumatism disorders are listed below:
• Ankylosing spondylitis
• Rheumatic fever
• Rheumatic heart disease
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Psoriatic arthritis
• Systemic lupus erythematosus
• Temporal arteritis and Polymyalgia rheumatica
There are medicines which are both conventional and complementary which can be used for the treatment of rheumatism. However, the best cure for the disorder is by home remedies for rheumatism.
Home Remedies for Rheumatism using raw potato and celery
• Raw potato is excellent for treating rheumatism. Take one or two teaspoon of the raw potato juice before having your meals.
• Another effective way to cure the condition is using celery. A fluidextract of the seeds of celery is very useful compared to other raw vegetables.
• A simple preparation that can be useful is boiling in half liter of water about thirty grams of potato peeling. Strain the decoction and consume a glass of it for three to four times a day.
Home Remedies for Rheumatism using cod liver oil and apple cider vinegar
• In a cup of pure orange juice add a tablespoon of cod liver oil and whip it for sometime. Drink this after your meal at night. This is a simple home remedy for rheumatism.
• In a glass of warm water, dissolve 2 equal teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and...