A co-operative society is an association of individuals who voluntarily pool their resources and carry on the business for their own welfare and not for a profit seeking business. It is also a development which will help to achieve the economic and social development of the State, and also support the national economy, because co-operation is one of the most important foundations that help in the development of local communities . It is democratic form of organization in which the consumers are the owners of the business. From manager to clerk all are the owners of the business and all the management is in their hands.
Muharraq co-operative society established in 1986 . With about 3300 members each has a number of shares , with a board of directors , which are volunteers. they started with a very big supermarket that in hala area then open another supermarket in busaiteen .
It started with every item that the customer needs . the society also built about 10 shops for rent in which were taken by dry clean , bakery , cafeteria , grocery and tailoring shop . Each member has his/her own number in which can register in computer when he/she buy anything from the society market.
At the end of the year the society will distribute profits to all it members , according to their number of shares as well as to their purchase from the society market.
Unfortunately after about ten years and because of the bad administration The Assembly stopped for nearly 10 years. When it opened its doors once again There were new officials , Board of directors appointed by the Ministry of labour and Social Affairs under the chairmanship of Mr. Yousef bin Hassan from 2003 to 10 April 2010. Since May 2010, the Ministry of social development was entrusted to Mr. Mahmoud Mohammed seyadi directors as an interim manager.
Building of the Assembly
Chairman of the Board Office
- Get more contributors so that the Assembly can upgrade to a higher level to compete with other companies.
- have big office and development and increase the services for the members .
Participate in projects to help raise the name of the Assembly. Also hire and open stores that help society.
1.4 COMPANY GOALS
Muharraq consumer co-operative society goals are as follows:
1) Open shops in busaiteen area because it has great impact on the members.
2) Diversification of society's activities according to the law of cooperation.
3) Sell the land donated by his Majesty the King and invest the profits in other projects.
4) Open the markets that previously closed by the Assembly.
1.5 SERVICES OFFERED
1) The sale of consumer products it's better because the price suppose to be cheaper than other places.
2) A petrol station in Muharraq in which the members and non-members can use.
3) Rented shops that are important to the citizens like...