BOOKLET CLASS 10
INDEX Sr.No. Experiments Page
1 Laboratory rules 3
2 How to write experiment in journal 4
3 Identification of cation present in the salt by
using flame test
4 To study action of heat on salts 6-8
5 To detect the cation present in the given salt by
action of sodium hydroxide and ammonium
hydroxide on the salt solution
6 To detect the anion of the salt by action of dilute
sulphuric acid on the salt solution
7 To detect the anion of the salt by action of
concentrated sulphuric acid on the salt solution
8 To detect the cation and anion present in the
THE CHEMISTRY LABORATORY AND DISCIPLINE
Experimental work is an essential part of the study of chemistry. Chemistry
laboratory is the place where you will perform various experiments in the
chemistry in scientific manner, with an understanding of its theory .Practical
work requires keen observation, analytical thinking and application of
knowledge in given situation. Thus to acquire practical skills the following rules
must be followed.
In chemistry laboratory you must be thoroughly disciplined and should carefully
1. Read the experiment from your book well in advance 2. Before entering the laboratory make sure that you have the practical
notebook,pencil or pen ,a clean handkerchief and most important Lab
coat or Apron.
3. Note carefully the instructions or precautions that your teacher will tell while explaining the experiment
4. Work honestly with patience and self confidence. In case of difficulty never hesitate to consult your teacher.
5. Avoid unnecessary talking and movement in the laboratory 6. After completing the experiment thoroughly clean the working table and
glassware that has been and put away everything in order including the
apparatus and reagent bottles.
7. Do not leave the reagent bottles on the tables 8. Make sure that the gas and water taps have been turned off. 9. It is compulsory to submit the journal on the date specified by the teacher
otherwise it may lead to deduction in marks
Writing your laboratory record [Journal]
The laboratory record book [Journal] is a valuable record which carries marks.
Utmost care should, therefore, be taken while writing your journal .The
following points may be borne in mind in this respect
1. Write only with black ball point or ink pen 2. Commence the account of every new experiment on a fresh page 3. Put down the date at the top of page. Write legibly and make it a point to
be neat both in your work and in your record of observations.
4. Do not use odd scraps of paper for noting down data .Put your observations straight in to your note book.
5. Before leaving the laboratory get record book duly signed by teacher
HOW TO WRITE EXPERIMENT IN JOURNAL
LEFT SIDE PAGE RIGHT SIDE PAGE
DIAGRAM DATE :-……………. EXPERIMENT NO :- ……….