International business in Argentina
A democratic and free market depends on the successful incorporation of ethical features and values. These values include country’s features like collaboration, trust, loyalty, justice and mutual respect. Trust in business has the potential to be undermined by demonstrably unethical acts by the host government or other players in the business. Unethical practices in the business contribute to both deprivation of confidence in the operations of the company. It also affects the country’s financial sector. For each country, the development of a Business Ethics Index (BEI), used to measure consumer confidence n business ethical behavior, is recommended. (Tsalikis, Seaton and Shepherd 209).
This proposal analyzes international business in Argentina and what can guide would be investors before they start their operations in Argentina.
Argentina is a South American country whose official name is the Argentine Republic. Argentina is 2.8 million sq. km. It is the second largest country in South America. The country’s climate is predominantly temperate. Its extremes range from subtropical in the north to arid or sub-Antarctic in far south. The country’s population is over 42 million with an annual population growth rate of 1.05%. The ethnic composition of Argentina is over 97% European who are Spanish and Italian descent. The other 3% is composed on Mestizo, Amerindian and nonwhite groups. Argentines are mostly 70% Roman Catholics who are the majority, 9% Protestants, Muslims, Jews and others. Spanish is the official national language in Argentina (Central Intelligence Agency 1).
Argentina, colonized by Spain in the 16th century, gained its independence in 1816. It borders the Southern Atlantic Ocean. According to the Michigan State University, (3) Argentina borders Chile, Bolivia, Uruguay, Brazil and Paraguay. Argentina’s government system is a Republic. The constitution of Argentina states that the president is the head of government as well as the head of state. The Justicialist Party is the ruling political party in Argentina. The legal system of justice in Argentina is Civil law. Both the constitution of Argentina and the Civil Code of Argentina guide the country’s laws.
Argentina has a mixed economic system. Government regulations coupled with private investments control Argentina’s centralized economy. According to the 2014 index of economic freedom, Argentina’s economic freedom score is 44.6. This makes Argentina the 166th freest economy in the world as per the 2014 index. Its economy is (and has been for some time) on agriculture. However, in recent years, the industrial and service sectors have shown tremendous growth. Its climatic and geological climate makes the country suitable for developing forestry, mining and fisheries.
Argentina exports beef to other world markets like Asia and Europe. It also produces cereals and oilseeds that exceed over 70 million tonnes annually. The Patagonia region is...