SIMPLE PAST TENSE
Name : Nurul Hayati (141210110)
Rahmat Hidayat (141210088)
Lecturer : Frangky Silitonga, S.Pd, M.SI
PUTERA BATAM UNIVERSITY
Grammar, rules of a language governing the sounds, words, sentences, and other elements, as well as their combination and interpretation. The word grammar also denotes the study of these abstract features or a book presenting these rules. In a restricted sense, the term refers only to the study of sentence and word structure (syntax and morphology), excluding vocabulary and pronunciation. Simple past tense is a part of grammar. According to Betty Schrampfer Azar (2002:27), simple past indicates that an activity or situation began and ended at a particular time in the past.
1. To explain what is simple past tense.
2. To make the formulas of simple past tense.
3. To make the example of simple past tense.
1. This personal assignment is expected to give the explanation about simple past tense and comprehension about form and example about simple past tense.
2. This personal assignment is expected to understanding simple past tense, making it easy to use in communicating English.
2.1. Simple Past Tense
According to Betty Schrampfer Azar (2003:25), most simple past verbs are formed by adding –ed to a verb. Some verbs have irregular past form. The simple past...