Household ItemsBaking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
· It is a salt composed of sodium ions and bicarbonate ions
· is a white solid that is crystalline but often appears as a fine powder
· has many uses, including treating skin allergies and freshening breath
· A form of carbonate
· Is a form of acid called acetic acid
· Will act as an acid to react with the next ingredient which is a carbonate
· produced by the fermentation of ethanol by acetic acid bacteria.
· Has many uses, including eliminating odours and as dressing for salads
· The reaction was an acid + carbonate reaction
· NaHCO3 + CH3COOH => CH3COONa + H2O + (Do note that there are many different formulas for acetic acid and sodium acetate and this is just one possible chemical equation)
· The reactants are acetic acid from the vinegar and sodium bicarbonate.
· The acetic acid is a weak acid, meaning that only a small percentage of its hydrogen molecules dissociate in water. Its pH is also...