SMALL and medium enterprises (SMEs) are broadly defined as manufacturing, manufacturing-related services (MRS) and agro-based industries that employ around 200 full-time employees or have annual sales turnover of not more than RM50mil (Chermaine, 2013). Besides, the term also refer to enterprises in the services, primary agriculture and information and communication technology industries with not more than 75 full-time employees or annual sales turnover of not more than RM20mil.
According to the SME Annual Report 2012, small and medium enterprises represent 98.5% of the approximately 78,000 companies in Malaysia, with the remaining 1.5% made up of multinational and public-listed companies. In many developed nations, SMEs are thought to contribute between 40% and 60% to gross domestic product and 60% and 70% of the employment, but the SME sector in Malaysia has not reached the mark yet.
The core purpose of Web services is to create an exchange of data and information between businesses in real time via the Internet, and thus can be shared with customers, suppliers and other business partners of all the information needed.
It is resemblance of the business model for example e-commerce or e-business that required transaction, product catalogue, and so on between supplier, company and customer. The complex e-commerce is becoming trend as Amazon.com and eBay started it to encourage other Website within other companies using it. From that, the growing of the new software, function and features will be invented.
Furthermore, the rise and development of technology and communication by using the Web to conduct business is on the rise as well. Therefore, when applied to any organization that uses web services to automatically increase the value of the market, because right now, all the benefits of working on the line will help the company in its growth
There are some of those benefits that will increase the value of business. An easier and efficient e-business or e-commerce application is one of the benefit can be gained by the company which is the efficiency and the easy access of business will make business flowing good and flawless.
In addition, the company or organization would be able to go in the global market. As the purpose of the company want to expand their businesses, this e-commerce will help the organization going global business as the main function is online and everyone can buy it from their home as long as the customer meets the term and condition.
Finally, invented the new way to do business, as this e-commerce will allow other business sector at all fields will do the same. From this, the growth of the economics and the customer will be enjoy of the variety of product that can be bought.
There are a lot of benefits of Web services to Amazon, eBay and their developer partners. The first one is it allows an explosive business growth in globally because it is not only on domestic as Web services are invented for organization to...