As a student of B. of Com (Human Resource Management), it is important to know about the marketing system of an organization. I choose to do a marketing plan for running shoes and try to carry out all the theories I have learned. The report will definitely help me to increase the knowledge about the organizational activities of a company. My objective of this marketing plan is to learn more about the marketing system of an organization that will help me to be a successful marketer, leader, organizer etc.
The method that I use to collect the information is secondary data. Secondary data are a good starting point for doing a research and often help to define ...view middle of the document...
GooGo offers an ultra-soft and lightweight running shoes.
3.1 Market Summary
Based on the theories that I have learned from the unit, there are several factors that can lead this product to success.
3.1.1 Market Demographics
• Age range 16 to 50
• Male and female
• 67% of the customers are teenagers (female & male)
• Teenagers spend less on shoes but tends to purchase frequently.
• 43% of the customers are adults (female & male)
• Adults spend more on shoes but seldom purchase.
• Healthy lifestyles
- Influences from families, friends and mass media.
• The population of Malaysia stands at over 28 million.
• Focused on urban area
• Fashion conscious
• Enjoy outdoor activities
• Are physically active
3.1.2 Market Needs
GooGo provides the market with ultra-soft and lightweight running shoes. Currently people are looking for shoes that brings comfort to their feet. GooGo seeks to fulfil the needs of the customers.
• Selection – In GooGo, there are widest selection of sizes, colors and designs.
• Accessibility – GooGo’s shoes are designed to accommodate customer’s needs.
• Services – A services will be provided to help customers to find the right shoes.
3.1.3 Market Trends
The market trend for running shoes is toward a healthier lifestyle and taking part in sports. People are taking to running in record numbers, so it's no surprise that selling running shoes is the only essential gear you need for the sport. And this makes the running shoe business become a lucrative business. This is ideal for GooGo which has the business model that allows our customers to participate in sports especially running.
3.1.4 Market Growth
The market for running shoes is a strong, steady growing market. It is generally not affected by economic downturns. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, we need shoes as our safety needs to protect our feet from getting hurt. An experts has said an individual should replace his walking and running shoes every 300-500 miles depending on his weight, length of stride and frequency of usage.
3.2 SWOT Analysis
SWOT analysis is a tool for auditing an organization and its environment. SWOT analysis is the first stage of planning and helps marketers to focus on key issues. SWOT stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Strengths and weaknesses are internal SWOT factors. Opportunities and threats are external SWOT factors.
• Good Research and Development
• Malaysian Icon and Brand
• Strong relationship with distributors
• Excellent staff-discounts, promotion, job satisfaction
• Focus more on Malaysian market
• Struggling to build brand equity
• Hard to maintain the stocks to fulfil the different shoes sizes
• An industry that immune to recessions
• Become national brand
• Other competitors like NIKE, Adidas etc.
GooGo has 3 main local...