1. North American Free Trade Agreement of 1993
2. Economic and Foreign
3. The policy created prosperity through increased trade and production which resulted in jobs for citizens of every country participating. Also inspired by eliminating tariffs to stimulate trade amongst the United States, Mexico, and Canada. Trading costs were high for Mexico to the United States due to the Trade and Tariff Act passed in 1984.
4. The policy relieved the high costs of trade by removing all tariffs for Mexico and Canada. Jobs were created through opening the market to opportunities for more citizens. The agreement also helped push the United States towards being a big trade power.
5. Advocated: President George H.W. Bush, Mexican President Salinas, and Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney. Opposed: the Teamsters- a labor union that opposed the change in safety on railroads.
6. Congressional: Approved by a 34 chair majority. Presidential: Advocated for the law and new system. Signed it before other branches. Courts: Approved with a 22 majority.
7. Interest Groups: Widest possible choice in market with the lowest possible prices, U.S. Chamber of Commerce- organized employees and owners of small and mid-sized businesses to support NAFTA. Political Parties: More Republicans voted the bill into place than Democrats because labor...