Central Idea: All performance enhancing drugs should be forever banned by every sport.
I. Performance enhancing drugs, the man-made enigma throughout the world of sports, comes in mainly four types: Anabolic Steroids, Masking Agents, Stimulants, and Erythropoietin.
A. Anabolic Steroids comes from the hormone in males called testosterone (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
1. Specifically, several baseball players utilize this “juice” to synthesize protein in their body, which ultimately gives growth in strength and muscle size (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
2. What several athletes lose all focus on is the multiple effects that can occur in one's body, some such as the growth of body hair, balding, acne, and high blood pressure (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
B. Masking Agents stand as another illegal drug smuggled by pro-athletes today.
1. Diuretics, epitestosterone, probenecid, alpha-ruductase inhibitors, and plasma volume expanders are the four “agents” as they all function to serve one primary purpose, which is to hide the evidence in a person's body of the use of anabolic steroids or “juices” (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
2. None of the masking agents should be utilized by anyone because of the terrible consequences it can cause such as heart arrhythmias, kidney stones, fevers, muscle cramps, and much more (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
C. Stimulants, the energy drink, live as another smuggled PED.
1. Although the US Food and Drug Administration has banned them from being used, many lazy athletes use them to give them energy and strength to push through a long season (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
2. The main reason why the US has forbidden stimulants is because the side effects that occur like elevated blood pressure and heart rate, hypertension, heart beating abnormalities, and hallucination (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
D. The last drug taken by players today is erythropoietin.
1. Erythropoietin (EPO), a man-made hormone, comes from the natural hormone in one's body (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
2. It lives to stimulate red blood cell production, which produces more hemoglobin, which produces more oxygen in the blood, and that permits oxygen to be transported to the muscles being exercised at that time, which can cause an increase or decrease in performing (Performance Enhancing Drugs Education).
II. The illegal doping of athletes in sports stands not only as a problem in being healthy, but also moral standards.
A. “If performance-enhancing drugs were allowed...then it would soon be impossible to remain competitive without taking them,thereby eliminating from the pool of athletes people who want to maintain a healthy lifestyle” (Douglas).
B. Taking Performance Enhancing Drugs is a huge form of...