Topic: Certification Programs
General Purpose: To persuade individuals to enroll in a certification program of their choice.
Thesis: This speech will cover the many educational alternatives of certification programs in higher education, as well as their advantages. This will include a detailed description of certification courses in Computer, Nursing, and Trucking.
Are you one of millions of people who would like to earn great money in a respectable field of profession, but refuse to sit through 4 full years of a Bachelor’s program? Such an achievement is within reach for many and they are completely legal! Today in America, hundreds upon thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds are signing up for Certification programs as a quick, easy, and more affordable alternative to an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree. Today I will just touch on a few of these Certification programs as examples of the many different pathways you can take towards your education, including Computer, Nursing and Truck Driving. Who knows, by the end of this speech, perhaps you will be ready to leave this classroom, permanently!
I. For those who are superb with computers, yet find themselves bored with the interminable pen-and-paper lectures often despised in state and private universities, maybe a Computer Certification program would be a better alternative to higher education.
A. Several advantages lie in obtaining one or more of these certifications.
i. As technology continues to roll uphill, millions of people rely on computers to perform everyday tasks in the work environment.
1. Therefore, as one of the most demanding fields of profession, a career in the realm of computers is an excellent choice, as it offers a higher possibility for job placement.
2. In addition to this, with the proper certifications, someone with an MCSE Certification, for example, can find a job paying a minimum salary of 40,000 a year!
ii. Computer Certifications can also be offered beyond the classroom doors.
1. For those who lead active lifestyles or have difficulty traveling, many of these Certification programs are offered online, and are available 24 hours a day for your convenience.
2. These programs can range from 2 months to a year of training for either one or more certifications.
3. For those who are better learners up-front and in person, several colleges hold these training programs in classrooms.
a. The most noteworthy of these colleges in Baltimore County is Tesst University; which has three convenient locations in Beltsville, Arbutus, and Towson.
B. Sadly enough, many of these programs are...