“One must be poor to know the luxury of living” (Bartas). Poverty is a term used to identify shortage in revenue. A more convenient term to the universal stipulation nowadays, however, is "absolute poverty." This term recognizes extreme deficiency in fundamental living supplies; food, shelter and water. According to UNICEF, 22,000 children die of famine each day. Furthermore, recent researches have proved out that over 3 billion humans on earth live on less than $2.50 a day. Since half of the world population is considered poor, the rise of a new comprehensive study concerning poverty is evidentially a major necessity. The best way of seeking a complete solution to the increasing poverty level is by studying poverty causes, its various effects on society, and all currently implemented or suggested solutions.
In quest of finding an inclusive solution to poverty, it is compulsory to primarily identify the causes. Ahead of all the causes of poverty comes the unequal sharing of resources. In most countries, about 20% of the population control most lands and wealth, while the remaining 80% get very little resources that don’t fulfil their requirements. Another chief cause of poverty is adolescent birth. Based on various studies, girls’ lack of education leads to higher adolescent birth rates. This in turn over-burdens an already economically strained community, aggravating the situation. A third cause of poverty is the low wages, verses increasing prices of living supplies. As a result, the middle class is disappearing in most developing countries, and adding up to the poorer population. Millions of people live with hunger because they simply cannot afford to buy food (Jackley). Poverty will continue to have more and more causes if no solution is reached in the near future. In fact, the effects of poverty are becoming causes themselves leading to an increase in this devastated class.
In continuation of the quest, it is also essential to recognize the various effects of poverty on society. One of the most common effects of poverty on populations is disease spread. Lack of sanitation coupled with lack of medication are the chief causes for bad health and disease spread. People’s concerns are limited to finding food and accordingly they wouldn’t afford a clean bathroom, purified water, or sanitizing materials. Moreover, governments of developing countries can’t afford building enough and well equipped hospitals, nor can they afford sustainable medical insurance for their citizens. On the other hand, citizens of developing countries are uneducated on the importance of cleanliness and health maintenance. All such faults lead to spread of old and new diseases, and possibly even catastrophic epidemics.
Poverty has negative effects on society regarding communication between diverse social classes and...