Raised to be a war machine against the lives of millions of innocent abnormal; this was the life of a typical German child in the late 1930’s to the early 1940’s. The Nazis knew that education was a key to their success and used their power to control the education system; everything was taught under strict Nazi curriculum. Nazis succeeded greatly in their education system because if they failed, then less people would have followed them and more would have been able to rebel against their events of the Holocaust.
· “ In the 1930s the Nazis created a party-controlled education system. Everything was controlled from the types of teachers were hired/fired, the curriculum, the grading scale, and even who passed and who failed.”(Southey)
· “Physical education and sports were crucial to the Nazi education system. The Nazis wanted students to be physically fit and well coordinated to be the future soldiers of Germany. Strength and
toughness were a key part in the Nazi war machine. Students were put through regular physical strength and toughness tests. If a student was to show signs of pain or weakness, they were failed.”
· “German teachers were converted to Nazism or fired and had to swear an oath to Hitler and teach according to Nazi ideology. Teachers who were Jewish or refused to join the Nazi Teacher’s League were fired and often times sent to concentration camps.”(Southey) (http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/Nazi_Education.htm)
· “The Hitler Youth program was created for after school activities to further teach children in the eyes of Hitler. Hitler’s Youth program was more or less the Boy Scouts of Germany. It was a military based program to aid in the preparation of sending boys into the Nazi military.” (http://alphahistory.com)(Trueman)
· “The Nazis created their own teacher’s union called the Nationalsozialistischer Lehrerbund. Ninety seven percent of the teachers in Germany joined the Nazi Teacher’s League, and those who didn’t still had to teacher under Nazi rule and ideology. If they did not, then they were fired and sent to labor camps.”(Southey) (http://www.theholocaustexplained.org/ks3/life-in-nazi-occupied-europe/controlling-everyday-life/controlling-education)
“The Nazis knew that if they took control of the education system and taught kids at a young age then they would be successful.
People obey much better and perform at levels up to three times better than their normal performance
when they are under the fear and pressure of arrest, physical punishment, and losing their life, job, and family.”(Kaiser)
People are much more susceptible to betraying others and ignoring the crimes done to others when there is a benefit that for themselves for doing so. Hitler offered teachers and...