This class has given me the opportunity to work on a real world project as a team. In our team, we have a broad range of technical skills that we use pretty effectively. In our project, we have to create a web application for digitizing the patient intake process. We were able to divide up the tasks based on the technical knowledge that each of us has. For Pratik and Abhjieet, they both have a very strong technical knowledge. Therefore, they were assigned to connect the database with our html pages that I have created. Personally, I haven't had experience with creating webpage using html5 so I actually learn coding in html from doing research online. Even though coding in html isn't as difficult as other programming language, I still encounter many difficulties throughout the way. I was having trouble with the formatting of the html pages and some minor requirements that our client requested. However, I was able to overcome these difficulties through researching online and asking technical professional for advice. The overall presentation of the html pages was enough to present to client as a proof of concept.
One of the obstacles that we face as a team is the cancelation of meeting due to our time conflict or our client time conflict. This has causes us to slack off because we have the perception that we were able to catch up after we meet with her. However, we didn't actually meet with her for almost three weeks. This has finally made us realize that we should be moving on with the project even though we aren't having meetings with her. We decided to take the initiative to propose our view on the final deliverables with her and get her feedback on it after talking to our professor. I think that this really helped us as a team to move forward with our project since the deadline is coming up. This is something our team could definitely improve on in the future. Our team should have taken the initiative in the beginning the project. This will prevent us from being behind our schedule deadlines and not have to sprint the whole implementation and testing process before the week it's due.
Another problem that we face was not being able to finalize the client final deliverables requirements. This has been an issue throughout the whole semester. I think one of the cause would be the cancelation of meeting as I mention earlier. We weren’t able to finalize out final deliverables with her until a few weeks before the final project is due. This is definitely a problem that should be resolve in the beginning of the semester.
Overall, our team was able to provide our client with a proof of concept of the application even though it's not a full working application that she can use right away. We were able to communicate effectively within our team using an application call Whatsapp. For our client, we use GroupMe and email to communicate with her about our progress and the meetings. I believe that the communication part went pretty well beside the cancelation...