This self-help guide of Birmingham Detective Agency provides full information to become a private detective. This guide will tell what you need to know about being a private detective, what do investigators and detectives do and their working conditions, how to become a fantastic private detective, benefits and drawbacks of this work. As you progress you will see the good, bad and ugly sides of detective work. You will learn to carry out realistic plan to meet your goal and reach up to your destination. This is one of the most rewarded and prestigious career. As you will explore more you will understand the potential of a detective. Career is both personally and financially secured.
Important things about detective work
1. Detective handles variety of cases of fraud, criminal cases and betrayal.
2. Working environment is sometimes tough, laborious and risky. Detectives are alert and ready to deal with menacing scenarios.
3. Most successful detectives are those who have tolerance, good communication skills, discerning personality, good judgment, and strength.
4. According to ABI i.e. Association of British Investigators 80% of detectives are former police officers.
5. Eligibility – Citizen of 21 years of age and must have passed physical exams. Experience in military or related fields is a plus. As these fields give skills required in detective work.
6. One gives 100% to work and is present both physically and mentally to solve complex cases as soon as possible and this job may need long hours, but it is still an exciting job.
What can a private detective do?
Private detective works on different cases of fraud and one or the other time they work on challenging cases that need full presence of mind. Investigators have ability to retrieve any type of information required. Some of them are current address, historical address, date of birth, birth records, death...