1.1 Function of SME
1. Coordination of policies and programmes -Formulate broad SME policies across all sectors coordinate, monitor and evaluate effective implementation of policies and programmes across relevant Ministries and Agencies.
2. Centre on advisory and information -Provide business advisory through the “SME Business Advisory Centre” Disseminate information on Government funds and incentives on SMEs Channel for feedback on SME issues Liaison for domestic and international communities on SME matters.
3. Management of Data, dissemination of information AND Research on SMEs - Manage National SME Database Undertake research on SMEs Publish SME-related reports and statistics Undertake outreach programmes.
4. Business support -Nurture and develop competitive SMEs through specific capacity building programmes and financial assistance Enhance competitiveness of SMEs using the SME Competitiveness Rating for Enhancement (SCORE) diagnostic tool Provide infrastructure support for SMEs Facilitate link with large companies and MNCs.
5. Secretariat to the National SME Development Council (NSDC) - Propose policies and ensure decisions of NSDC are effectively implemented Provide administrative
1.2 Company Background
1.2.1 FAZZ Enterprise
Fazz Enterprise was established by Mr. Mahmudin Haji Haji Abasin Selangor, located in Kanchong Darat, Banting on 24 February 1983, as a snack food processing factory. The company is a private limited company in which enterprises are using a business name Kerepek House is family owned and has now been taken over by his second son of Mr. Mohd Fazzly b. Hj. Mahmudin. He took over the management of Kerepek House for 10 years.
FAZZ Enterprise manufactures products based on tapioca, bananas and sweet potatoes only. Once the products have been well received in the market, then this business with a serious involved in. to expand the processing plant and make additions to the types of products such as sukun and yams.
FAZZ Enterprise output chips suit every taste all levels of society. This is because, the chips produced have various flavours liked spicy, BBQ, original, salt, black pepper, curry and so on.
FAZZ Enterprise also markets products of local operators as well as operators of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to another. Among the products marketed are as coconut jelly, (peanut brittle peanuts), dodol, kuih bangkit, bahulu and others.
1.2.2 Vision & Mission FAZZ Enterprise
To makes Fazz Enterprise, a company that is known by all segments of society and market expansion throughout the national and international level.
Fazz Enterprise mission is to maximize the profit on the sale of chips while providing services and assistance to operators of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and local operators.
1.2.3 Objective FAZZ Enterprise
Fazz Enterprise has some of the objectives of the company are:
1) Being a manufacturer and exporter of food to international markets by 2020 globally. ...