Secure Sockets Layer
SSL is a protocol on HTTP platform that helps users to protect their data during the transfer by using the encrypted channel over the public network. Based on Symantec website, when a web browser (or client) points to a secured website, the server shares the public key with the client to establish an encryption method and a unique session key. The client confirms that it recognizes and trusts the issuer of the SSL Certificate.
When a browser encounter SSL below process will happen:
1. A browser attempts to connect to a website secured with SSL.
2. The browser requests that the web server identify itself.
3. The server sends the browser a copy of its SSL Certificate.
4. The browser checks whether it trusts the SSL Certificate. If so, it sends a message to the server.
5. The server sends back a digitally signed acknowledgement to start an SSL encrypted session.
The host level security is basically every individual device security, Such as servers, switches, routers etc on the network. Each device has a number of configurable parameters that, when set inappropriately, can create exploitable security holes. These parameters include registry settings, services operating on the device, or patches to the operating system or important applications. Some of this exploitation can be omitted by the following technologies (Bala, Lucky and Garg 2011).
• IDS (intrusion detection system): Host based IDs monitor traffic on a single network device. Host based IDs are fine tuned to the specific operational characteristics of the host device and therefore provide a high degree of protection when properly administered.
• Vulnerability Assessment: Host base VA tools can scan a network device for security issues and vulnerabilities. Host based VA tools are highly tailored and tuned to monitor a specific device. They are extremely accurate and their reliance on host’s resources quite minimum. Because they are configured specifically for the host device, they provide an excellent level of coverage when properly administered.
Yahia, (2010) defined Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems as Information Technology software that enables management to collect data for analysis purposes. ERP is also a system that has the capability to control the entire organization by monitoring customer’s orders, payments online, finished inventory goods, and other key areas that are important to management (Davenport, 1998). As Fashion Clothing Store, is a web based business it is important to find the right ERP vendor that can support a company of less than 30 employees with its online e-business. Since most of Fashion Clothing Store’s computers are windows based Microsoft products are their ERP solution and therefore, Microsoft Dynamic GP (Great Plains), Microsoft Dynamic NAV (Navision), Microsoft Dynamic SL (Solomon), and Microsoft Dynamic CRM (Customer Relationship Management) are listed as options to take for its management...