LET’S JUST COVER YOUR WATER INTAKE.
Statement: 80% of us are chronically dehydrated, we mistake our thirst for hunger and we tend to eat when our bodies are trying to tell us we are in fact thirsty and just need hydrated.
Yes most of us know this already…right…? But how many of us can honestly say we follow the guidelines for keeping us properly hydrated?
The health benefits of water.
Did you know that water is the body’s main chemical compound and makes up a whopping 60% of your total body weight? All the systems in our body depend on water to maintain health.
Water flushes out toxins from our vital organs. Water carries nutrients to our cells and provides a moist environment for our ear, nose and throat tissue.
A lack of water can lead us to dehydration, and chronic health issues. Even without this juicing diet I urge you, if you want to vastly improve your health drink the recommended water intake daily.
How much water should I drink?
You lose water from your body through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowl movements. For your body to function properly we must replenish our water supply by consuming water and foods that contain water every day.
The institute of medicine recommends:
• MEN: 3.0 LITRES OR 10 CUPS A DAY.
• WOMEN: 2.2 LITRES OR 6-7 CUPS A DAY.
• PREGNANT WOMEN 2.4 LITRES OR 7 CUPS A DAY.
• BREAST FEEDING WOMEN: 3.0 LITRES A DAY OR 10 CUPS A DAY.
• EXERCISE: ADD AN EXTRA 2 TO 3 CUPS A DAY.
• ENVIRONMENT: HOT / HUMID WEATHER OR HEATED AIR TAKE IN EXTRA WATER.
• HIGHER ALTITUDES: INCREASED URINATION AND BREATHING, YOUR WATER INTAKE SHOULD BE INCREASED.
• SICKNESS: VOMITING, DIARRHOEA, BLADDER INFECTIONS AND URINARY TRACT STONES SHOULD ALSO INCREASE YOUR WATER INTAKE.
1 CUP OF WATER IS ON AVERAGE MEASURING 1/3 LITRE OR 333 ML. 1 TALL GLASS OF WATER IS ON AVERAGE MEASURING 425 ML.
SO WHY SHOULD WE DETOX?
f you often feel tired, sluggish, have low energy or even low mood, feel bloated, or just suffer from general fatigue then your diet...