What if society told people at this very moment whether they lived or died was not their choice, but the choice of one person. Everyone would hate that wouldn’t they? That happens all around us today. Around 137 abortions take place an hour. (10,586 1) This means around 3,288 abortions take place in just one day. (10,586 1) This comes out to around 1 abortion every 26 seconds. (10,586 1) That statistic means about to 1.2 million abortions took place worldwide in just this past year. (10,586 1)That was 1.2 million humans who didn't have a choice. People will state that a fetus isn't a child or human. The word 'fetus' translates from latin to 'young one' or 'young child'. (Little 1) Are people only called humans if they are wanted? Certainly women should have a choice if they are raped or if the pregnancy endangers their own life. But, only 1% out of all abortions are hard cases, (Little 1) which includes rape and endangerment to life. So why are the other 99% of women receiving abortions? Is it for selfish reasons? Overall, abortion is procedure that has happened all throughout history; it leads to not only physical repercussions, but also mental repercussions.
There are millions of people that support the anti-abortion movement. One of the most famous is a man named Randall Terry. Randall Terry is a born again Christian who has been arrested over fifty times. He was a founder of “Operation Rescue National” an anti-abortion group. His group attended abortion clinics and stood outside them. They would continue to blockade the clinics and say how unbiblical and morally wrong abortion is. Over 35,000 people were arrested at these blockades. (Terry 2) Randall Terry says “The goal is to drive child killing to the front and center of the political debate.” (Terry 2) He said this when he wanted to be nominated to become president in 2012. Terry told people that “Number one..., I am not guilty of a crime,it is not a crime to save a child from murder.” (Terry 2)
I believe that even though the intensions of Terry and his followers were good they
could have went about it in a legal way. Randall Terry did these actions because of the biblical law set for humanity. Terry says “If you think abortion is murder, then act like it's murder.” (Terry 2)
The most famous abortion versus anti-abortion case is definitely Roe vs. Wade in 1969. A woman named Norma McCorvey had an unwanted pregnancy. (Rights 1) She had no money to raise the child and her parents couldn’t and wouldn’t help her out. McCovery lived in Texas at the time and they didn’t allow abortions unless it endangered her own life, so she went under the premise Jane Roe. She faked a rape case in an effort to obtain an abortion. Her rape case was denied and she gave her baby up for adoption. Roe fought and said how a woman should have a right to an abortion. She sued Wade. Roe eventually changed sides in the debate and starting the organization “No More Roe”. Roe...