Recently the Human Resource Management (HRM) concept and true functionality have taken their final shape in Bangladesh. The companies in Bangladesh have realized the main role of HRM as vital component in the development mechanism of any organization to achieve its targets and main objectives, and to get competitive advantage (Islam 2006) . Therefore, all HRM responsibilities , contributes are being recognized as crucial as all other organization departments (Islam 2006). This paper focus is going to be the Supply Chain Department (SCD) of Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd in Bangladesh as an example of HRM role and contribution in overall business strategy and developing human resources. The supply chain department of SPL is responsible for providing all other departments with their requirements, such as raw materials, to carry on the production process.
1.0 Overall view of Square Pharmaceuticals Ltd (SPL)
SPL is one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies in Bangladesh. Its main production covers wide area of medical, veterinary, agricultural fertilizers and pesticides products. Since 1987 SPL has started exporting its products globally. SPL mission, objectives, and vision are as follow :
• Vision: (view business as a means to the material and social well being of the investors, employees and society at large, leading to accretion of wealth through financial and moral gains as a part of the process of human civilization)
• Mission: (mission is to produce and provide quality and innovative healthcare relief for people, maintain stringently ethical standards in business operation and also ensuring benefit to the shareholders, stakeholders and society at large)
• Objectives: (objectives are to conduct transparent business operations based on the market mechanism within the legal and social framework with aims to attain the mission reflected by [their] vision).
HRM contributes significantly to the success of SPL, because HRM in concept is the method of recruiting, developing, monitoring performance, and compensating workers, and retaining employees through health and safety, and fairness treatment (Dessler and Varkkey 2009). Noël et al, (2007) considers HRM as set of practices and measurements, and strategies that affects workers. Hence, it could be said that HRM main focus is to obtain the optimal output from workers and to achieve that, it concentrates on the measurements and practices which affect workers performance (Nazim-ud-Din, Tabassum et al. 2006) .
1.1Appraisl of current HRM performance & practices
• Despite the increase of SPL size over the last few years, it does not have clear human resource planning strategy for SCD. The HRM still cannot predict or project the demand for workers at SCD. Therefore, it cannot determine if there is less or excusive number of workers available at certain time.
• There are some flows have been found in the recruitment process. After posting advertisements about the job, HRM receive huge number...