I am a teacher, an educator of our youth. I am amongst the thousands of educators that facilitate the learning process to children ages five to eighteen. Along with my peers, I guide, mentor, inform, inspire, encourage, and provide many opportunities that allow our youth to learn for themselves. We do not just read from books or give exams, we interact with each student, building a relationship so we may help create well-rounded learners so they may be able to reach their full potential and surpass their goals. As a teacher, we know how to intervene, provide positive reinforcement, and allow students to make mistakes so they may try for themselves and build confidence within themselves and reap the fruits of achievement. When a student achieves, we all achieve. A true educator teaches as a way of life rather than teach to live. Teachers are always learning and wanting to gain more knowledge to pass along to their students.
As a teacher, I must have a belief system that guides my actions as an educator.
1. I believe than education is the most single important aspect in a person’s life. As a teacher, we are the life source of discovery and knowledge. It is our duty to nurture each individual student by allowing him or her to excel not only intellectually but also developmentally, emotionally, physically and socially.
2. I believe that all students should be treated equal regardless of any special needs.
3. I believe my classroom will be an accessible and safe environment that fosters respect, trust, dignity and participation that allows students to learn.
4. I believe that my curriculum should and will be adjusted, so that all of my students may be able to compete on an equal level.
5. I believe that if I demonstrate a positive attitude and positive behavior, then my students will follow my lead.
6. I believe in praise. If I praise and encourage each student, they will work harder.
7. I believe that meaning learning occurs when students are allowed to learn by confronting real problems, making choices, and finding solutions.
8. I believe that as an educator I will demonstrate the value I see in each student’s ideas and will encourage them to respect the opinions and perspective of others.
9. I believe that every student is an individual and each has his or her own learning style.
10. I believe in order for each student to learn, I must utilize various teaching strategies.
11. I believe that classroom management is to be preventative not reactive.
12. I believe that consistency, providing guidelines and rules in a classroom and following through with consequences if rules are broken or adhered to will help in creating a positive environment that is conducive to learning.
13. I believe in lessons that implement cooperative learning. Allowing students to work together provides teamwork and positive collaboration.
14. I believe that providing knowledge to students is a continuous process that requires evaluation and adjustment to...